About the role
- Part-time 0.5 EFT
- Fixed term for 18 months
- Based in Melbourne
The Sleeping Rough – Harm Minimisation Project Worker (SRHMP) will co-ordinate the co-design process of the Rough Sleeping – Harm Minimisation Project. The project will develop a resource with a targeted reference group of both the rough sleeping community and key community partners including Justices Connect, Bolton Clarke – Homeless Persons Program and the Council to Homeless Persons.
The SRHMP worker will work closely with a Peer Worker in order to develop and undertake a survey of the homeless community, before establishing and convening a reference group inclusive of people currently homeless or with experiences of sleeping rough within the CBD. This will include the individual induction of participants, clarification of group purpose, and development of individual safety plans
Your daily duties will be varied however, in essence will include:
- Ensuring the project consultation and design process is developed utilising cohealth’s approach to codesign: empathy – understanding the reason for a codesign approach and the stories of those involved in the process; dream – what are all of the possible solutions/outcomes that could arise from a certain project or problem?; do – redefining the process and finalising key messages, trying things out, making the project happen; learn – reflect on what worked and what didn’t, and how that can be improved; celebrate – appreciating the efforts of diverse individuals working together for a common purpose.
- Providing leadership and support to staff to understand our service model from a consumer perspective;
- Engaging in community education and service development activities that promote the project including network and sector meetings; and
- Working with teams and other stakeholders to develop a plan to engage consumers in the co design process.
Are you often praised for your decision making and negotiation skills, plus take pride in your highly developed interpersonal skills? Ideally your experience and qualifications for the role should include:
- Holds a tertiary qualification in a relevant sector and/or commensurate experience in a related area;
- Proven capacities to work effectively with people who have lived experience of homelessness and a sound understanding of the key issues affecting people of the homeless community;
- A proven ability to facilitate groups and work with key stakeholders who are relevant to the project design;
- Demonstrated planning, data collection and analysis skills that includes the completion of detailed report writing; and
- A detailed understanding of trauma informed care principles and client-centred models of practice.
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference, then capitalise on the opportunity to make a difference to your career – apply today
About the organisation
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. You care for our clients and we care for you, including by investing in your development and wellbeing. You will have support you in your role and in your career journey. We offer a variety of career pathway options, leading salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements that help you manage your work and your life.
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Sleeping Rough – Harm Minimisation Project Worker via Pro Bono Australia.