About the role
- Heidelberg location
- 2 Part time opportunities / ongoing & maternity leave position
- Attractive salary with salary packaging available
Kids First (formally Children’s Protection Society) have an exciting practitioner role working within a new multidisciplinary Hub to deliver high quality, safe and effective responses, in partnership
with Family Safety Victoria (FSV).
The vision for the Hubs is to create a future where all Victorians can enjoy safe and respectful personal and family relationships, where children grow up in families that value their health, development and wellbeing. The Support & Safety Hubs will deliver a fundamental change to the way we work with women, children, families, and the perpetrators of violence.
The Hub Team will consist of a multidisciplinary team with a mix of staff employed by FSV and staff employed by CSOs, Aboriginal services and DHHS. The Hub will deliver screening and triage, assessment, crisis responses, service planning, targeted interventions, allocation and coordinated referrals.
To work within this new collaborative project, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related tertiary qualification relevant to Child & Family Welfare
- Experience working with families and children experiencing complex needs and risk issues
- Demonstrated ability to contribute actively and positively as a team member
- Experience in conducting comprehensive safety, risk and wellbeing assessments and working within the “Best Interests Principles” as outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- A sound understanding of the Integrated Family Services and Child Protection systems
- A satisfactory police check, current Working with Children Check and a Victorian Driver’s License are required.
What you’ll get from us in return:
- Role within an exciting new multi-agency scheme
- Heidelberg location, close to public transport
- Professional development and training
- Regular supervision
- Paid family violence days
- Paid cultural leave
- 2 days ex gratia leave each year
- Friendly, collaborative and supportive environment
Enquiries are welcome, please call or email Tracey Edwards – email@example.com or 9450 0900.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support & Safety Hub Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.