About the Role
- Multiple positions located in North West / South East Suburbs
- Fixed Term, Full Time role – salary packaging available
- Be part of an organisation striving to create a world where all women and children will be safe and free from family violence
InTouch, in partnership with Latrobe University, is implementing a project with 7 general practice (GP) clinics in the South East and Western suburbs of Melbourne that serve a large South Asian population. The project includes training bilingual South Asian general practitioners and their clinical colleagues to safely and confidentially identify culturally diverse, including South Asian backgrounds, women attending their practices who are experiencing family violence, and to provide them with support and confidential referral to a South Asian family violence worker based at InTouch. The role of the family violence case worker will be to assist in the training of GPs and other clinical staff in 7 practices, to support women referred from the practices to access support services as per their need, to provide ad-hoc consultation with the clinicians, and to collect and accurately record referral data from all 7 practices.
- To participate in training GPs and other clinical staff at seven clinics for the identification and support of culturally diverse women experiencing violence;
- To provide a range of support services and interventions to women and their children with experiences of family violence who have been referred to inTouch from participating GP Clinics;
- To assist women and their children to access safety and protection through legal, justice and other support services;
- To support women and their children to ensure client needs are identified, met and/or planned to be met through case management, referral and planning processes;
- To assist women to make informed choices for themselves and their children;
- To provide confidential, professional, timely and relevant services to women;
- To liaise closely with doctors and other clinical staff from the seven clinics to deliver a coordinated response to women and children experiencing family violence;
- To provide secondary consultation to GPs and clinical staff from the seven clinics regarding case management and support services;
- Deliver specialist advice / knowledge to external service providers in relation to the CALD and family violence sector;
- Co-facilitate training for GPs;
- Collate data about referrals to support clear and concise reporting to be provided to La Trobe University as part of the study.
About the Organisation
We are a leading accredited service, which provides services, programs and responses to issues of family violence in migrant and refugee communities. By acknowledging the rights and diverse experiences of our clients, we develop and implement a number of culturally sensitive and holistic models for the provision of services to both victims and perpetrators of family violence.
In tackling the issues of family violence we act on multiple levels – individual, relationship and community. Our organisation strives to create a world where all women and children will be safe and free from violence.
We care deeply about what we do and are big-hearted about it. Our passion is to be positive, courageous, forward-looking and supportive. If this resonates with you, and you have the skills and experience that we need - the key selection criteria is available from the position description on our website www.intouch.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Project Worker via Pro Bono Australia.