About the Role
- An extraordinary opportunity to connect across sectors at the highest levels, including Government Ministers and CEOs
- Use your partnerships experience in a for-purpose, values-based organisation
- Brand new executive role reporting to the CEO
Join us and deliver greater impact with further reach!
We’re expanding our leadership to ensure our teams, our partnerships, and our client-focus, all remain strong well into the future. We’ve reached many people through our work, but unfortunately there are millions more who could use our assistance.
Reporting to the CEO, and working collaboratively with all internal teams, you will have responsibility for fostering positive relationships and partnerships across all sectors. Your primary focus will be to build and maintain strong and consistent engagement between Good Shepherd Microfinance and community organisations, government stakeholders and corporate partners. A subsequent focus will be to leverage new opportunities and drive business development with the aim of improving financial inclusion for our clients.
What will you need to succeed?
- Tertiary qualifications in business, marketing and communications or a related discipline
- Experience in successful relationship development and management in the not-for-profit sector, including strong experience in government relations
- Experience in developing successful grant and tender submissions, including creating compelling partnership proposals and stories
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Highly articulate with well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the capacity to influence and negotiate at all levels and across a diverse range of stakeholders
- The capacity and commitment to work in alignment with the values of Good Shepherd Microfinance
More about us?
At the core of our team are our values and a culture that invests strongly in professional development, workplace flexibility and employee wellbeing. In 2016, we were ranked in the top 10 most innovative not-for-profits in Australia and we’re proud that women make up 66% of executive roles and to have team engagement scores that are some of the highest nationally. In addition, our remuneration includes generous salary packaging benefits that can increase take home pay.
About the Organisation
Good Shepherd Microfinance is a leader in financial inclusion products, programs and advisory services. We offer safe, fair and affordable financial programs to people on low incomes and advisory services for governments, businesses and other organisations. Our purpose is to enable economic wellbeing for people on low incomes, especially women and girls.
Our programs are backed by strong partnerships across sectors.
We can’t achieve our audacious goals alone, so we partner with a diverse range of community organisations, Federal and State Governments and corporate stakeholders to get the most meaningful outcomes for our clients, as they define them. We have partnered with NAB since 2003, and they provide us with access to $130 million in loan capital.
Here is an example of the impact our collective work can have on one person:
Apply for this Job
Interested? To learn more about us and to download the position description, visit www.goodshepherdmicrofinance.org.au/careers For further information and queries, contact Nicole Anderson, People and Culture Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 9495 9677.
To apply send your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com by 9am Monday 19th November 2018. Your cover letter should tell us why you want to work with us, why you see yourself in this role and how you believe you meet the criteria outlined in the points above (also in the Position Description).
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Please quote in application: Head of Stakeholder Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.