About the Role
Manager, Information and Support programs
- Peak body for autistic people and their families in Victoria
- Lead the delivery of information and support programs supporting autistic Victorians, their families, carers, supporters and the wider community.
- Senior Management opportunity reporting to the CEO
The Manager, Information and Support programs operates in a highly dynamic environment as the NDIS completes its roll out in early 2019. The role is responsible for the delivery of Amaze’s Autism Information Adviser service and Amaze’s Peer-Support programs, funded from a number of Government sources.
The Autism Information Adviser service is an omni-channel support service independent and evidence based information, referrals and support to autistic people, their families, carers and wider community in Victoria. The new service is currently being piloted for 18 months in Victoria, with a view to national expansion.
The Peer-Support program works with autism peer-support groups in delivering capacity building programs to ensure they are NDIS ready, along with providing ongoing support to ensure their sustainability. Amaze is also developing a best practice guide for autism peer-support and this role will oversee the validation and dissemination of this guide.
This position is responsible for the strategic and operational management of two highly skilled and effective teams (Autism Information Advisor & Peer Support Programs), providing direction and leadership as well as analysing and monitoring community support needs and practice continuous improvement. The successful applicant will ensure funding KPIs and outcomes are met and reported and develop funding proposals with support from the CEO to ensure the longevity of these impactful programs.
The role requires a strong leader with excellent staff management and stakeholder engagement skills and a successful track record in program improvement and delivery and obtaining funding.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree qualification in an appropriate field (e.g. psychology, social work, health, education) or relevant experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar management role, establishment and/or expansion of a telephone/face to face group service and delivering information and resources in a variety of modes (telephone, digital, face to face). .
- Experience in developing and delivering evidence based information and resources to a disability and/or vulnerable community.
- Experience in outcomes measurement and reporting.
- Sound understanding of autism will be highly regarded.
- Experience in a Not-For-Profit environment would be highly regarded
- Knowledge of the disability service system and the NDIS is desirable.
About the Organisation
For 50 years, Amaze has provided information and resources to autistic people and their families, the broader autism sector (service providers, researchers, autism organisations) and the wider community.
Today Amaze support more than 6,000 Victorians every year as well as advocates to government to influence positive change and builds the skills of the community to create a better world for autistic people and their families.
Amaze is committed to improving employment opportunities for autistic people. We do this through advocating to the broader community and employing autistic people at Amaze. We endeavour to provide support and adjustments through the recruitment process and throughout employment to the specific needs of autistic candidates and employees. Autistic people with the skills and experience outlined in the position description are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 9657 1600
Email : email@example.com
To apply for this position please submit your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org - please note that applications that do not respond to the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
For further information please contact CEO email@example.com or phone 03 9657 1600
Applications close COB 14 December 2018
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please quote in application: Manager, Information and Support Programs via Pro Bono Australia.