About the role
- A unique opportunity to join the peak-body for Australian international development NGOs and shape a new role
- A salary between $74,514.54 to $86,711.25 per annum, which includes a fringe benefits concession of $15,900, plus 9.5% superannuation.
- Canberra based
- 0.8 – 1.0 FTE with flexible working
- Applications close on 17 February 2019
The Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) is making an exciting shift in its communications and advocacy. This newly created role will be crucial in shaping that shift.
ACFID is seeking a creative and propositional communications and policy adviser to bring fresh ideas and new thinking to the secretariat. We are seeking an adaptable and innovative individual to drive our ACFID member-facing communications; who can offer new and responsive ways to engage with our external audience; and create well produced content to support our policy and advocacy goals.
The policy and advocacy team
The new role-holder will be part of ACFID’s Policy and Advocacy team but will provide communications advice and support across the ACFID secretariat.
The small and agile Policy and Advocacy team is made up of development and humanitarian policy, advocacy and communications specialists who are seeking to achieve a strong policy and enabling environment for international development assistance and humanitarian action in Australia.
Within the Policy and Advocacy team, the role-holder will be part of the Policy, Government Relations and Media sub-team, reporting to the Head of Government Relations and Communications.
Your role in the team
While there will be flexibility in the role-holders day-to-day activities depending upon organisational priorities and workflow, broadly the role-holder will:
- Coordinate communications from across the secretariat;
- Lead the ACFID-member facing communications, social media, ACFID blog and other critical communications projects as needs arise; and
- Support the development and promotion of ACFID’s policy positions.
What we can offer you
- A salary between $74,514.54 to $86,711.25 (depending on the skills and experience of the candidate) plus 9.5% superannuation. Under current taxation laws, up to $15,900 of the base salary may be taken as a tax-free fringe benefit.
- Flexible professional development opportunities tailored by you.
- The opportunity to grow within the organisation and expand your knowledge, experience and skills of development from within the peak-body for international development NGOs in Australia.
About the organisation
The Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) is the peak body for Australian NGOs involved in international development and humanitarian action. ACFID’s purpose is to lead and unite its members in action for a just, equitable and sustainable world.
ACFID currently has 125 members and 22 affiliates operating in more than 92 developing countries delivering over 3,400 international projects worth $1.1bn. Our membership is made up of over 4,800 employees, 1,200 overseas volunteers and over 30,000 domestic volunteers.
ACFID’s members must comply with the ACFID Code of Conduct, a voluntary, self-regulatory sector code of good practice that aims to improve international development and humanitarian action outcomes and increase stakeholder trust by enhancing the transparency, accountability and effectiveness of signatory organisations. ACFID’s work is guided by its Board, CEO and Strategic Plan 2015-2020.
We value diversity in the workplace and model our commitment to the values outlined in our strategic plan.
ACFID is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability status or national origin. Applicants will be considered on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications and Policy Adviser via Pro Bono Australia.