About the role
ABOUT THE PROJECT
SSI FutureAbility Project “Understanding Disability by Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities in NSW” will provide relevant, in-language information, to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities on what is disability and the NDIS through a number of Community Information Sessions across NSW.
The Community Information Sessions will provide CALD communities with much needed in-language information on disability and how to access the NDIS.
These sessions have been designed and will be delivered across NSW to help improve life opportunities and enhance community participation of people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
The Sessions will further assist the CALD communities to better understand the different disability types and how the NDIS works, so they are more likely to seek out help and live more inclusive and enjoyable lives in their comm unity.
The role of a Facilitator is to:
- Present information in their language to approximately 25-30 people a power point presentation on disability and the NDIS.
- You must be able to read and speak the community language fluently and deliver the information contained in a power point presentation, which will also be in-language.
We are looking for someone who can read and speak Cantonese.
- You will need medium level Microsoft office and power point applications experience.
- You must be prepared to travel across the Sydney metropolitan area and there may be some regional travel as well. Driving licence is required.
- Prior experience in presenting to groups will be beneficial.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Information Session Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.