About the Role
The Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS) is a national advocate for action to reduce poverty and inequality and national peak body for the community services sector. ACOSS’s vision is for a fair, inclusive and sustainable Australia where all individuals and communities can participate in and benefit from social and economic life.
ACOSS acts as an independent, non-party political voice, leading and supporting initiatives within the community services and welfare sector. ACOSS also develops and promotes socially and economically responsible public policy and action by government, community and business.
ACOSS revenue comes from a combination of government funding, membership fees, partnerships and donations
Reporting to the highly respected and influential CEO Cassandra Goldie, this role is truly dynamic. The position oversees operations, finance, human resources, membership and events, ICT and works closely with the Senior Adviser leading new business development. You will also work strategically with the executive team including the Directors of Policy & Advocacy and Media & Communications to:
- Contribute to the development of operational budgets and setting of operational priorities
- Manage relationships and agreements with advisors, contractors, funders and sponsors
- Maintain the reputation and credibility of ACOSS to ensure effectiveness as a leading peak organisation
- Grow the ACOSS membership base and lead and nurture relationships with key partners
The work environment is extremely flexible and the role could potentially be offered on either a four or five day week.
You have demonstrable commitment to social equity and a drive to create a fairer, more inclusive and sustainable Australia. Additionally you have proven leadership skills and experience in supporting an organisation to enhance its capacity and effectiveness, manage a diverse range of partnerships and astutely manage risks. Specifically you will have:
- Effective people management, planning and budgeting skills
- The ability to effectively manage relationships with a diverse range of partners
- Demonstrated strategic acumen including high level operational experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
If you are passionate about progressing your career in the Australian social services sector then please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above, quoting ref #64473. Alternatively phone Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 for a discussion.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Director Operations & Stakeholder Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.