About the Role
- Campsie Location focusing on LGBTQIA+ Project
- Salary packaging options to increase your take home pay
- Contract till 30th June 2019
ABOUT ABILITY LINKS
Ability Links NSW (ALNSW) supports people with disability, their families and carers to live the life they want as valued and equal members of their community. By using a flexible, creative and person-centred approach, ALNSW taps into people’s unique potential and helps to achieve their goals wh ile promoting genuine inclusion within communities to drive real change.
Your efforts will create a positive change for people living with a disability.
- You will identify community engagement opportunities and actively support positive partnerships between individuals, families, carers, local organisations (including Aboriginal, ethno-specific, multicultural, faith-based organisations) and the general community to build a more inclusive, welcoming and accessible community
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with individuals, families, carers and diverse communities
- Complete required documentation relating to participants, including updating IT systems and producing reports based on your activities
- Participate in supervision and performance development processes and take part in regular training and development activities
We’re looking for commitment and accountability; someone who has strong community engagement experience and the ability to navigate systems and databases to ensure documentation and reports are up to date and compliant. An awareness of cultural diversity and an understanding of person-centred approaches, social inclusion and community development principles will be integral to your success in this role.
Do you have an understanding of the needs and challenges affecting people with disability and want a role that will enable you to make a difference? Do you have tertiary qualifications OR related experience in human services or community development? Do you enjoy working independently but with the support of a wider team when needed?
If this sounds like you, and you hold a valid NSW driver licence and are able to travel, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Linker - Campsie (LGBTQIA+ Project) via Pro Bono Australia.