About the Role
About the Organisation
- Are you experienced in promoting programs and maintaining productive working relationships with schools, TAFE and local community networks?
- Are you able to work autonomously and strive to achieve Targets & KPI’s?
- Do you have proven time management and organisational skills, including the ability to plan workload, priorities and meet deadlines?
- You want to make a genuine difference to the financial well-being of low income Australian families?
The Saver Plus Coordinator is vital in managing and facilitating one of our most valuable programs – Saver Plus. Your role will be varied, and very busy, but incredibly rewarding as you deliver, promote and create exposure to a financial literacy program that will have a long-lasting impact on some of Australia’s low income families.
A day in the life of a Saver Plus Coordinator might look like this, but really every day will be different:
- Promoting the Saver Plus program to referral networks including local schools, community groups and other relevant organisations
- Conducting interviews with potential Saver Plus participants to assess their eligibility and capacity to develop a savings goal along with developing a budget
- Database management
- Follow up with a participant to provide support
- Deliver the MoneyMinded financial skills training program to groups of participants
- Submit written reports
- Respond to all the emails and phone messages (that never seem to stop!)
To be one of our Saver Plus Coordinators you need to have the ability to work with limited direction and as an effective team member to achieve outcomes and be fantastic with people. You radiate confidence and belief in the Saver Plus program. You need to be able to manage a number of different tasks all at once, without letting anything fall through the cracks. You need to have strong facilitation experience and be a nimble administrator as many aspects of this role are about making sure things are on track. Most of all you care, lots, about helping some of the most disadvantaged in our society.
This is a part time role working 30.4 hours per week (0.8 FTE).
Salary will be in the range of $67,286.36 to $73,746.76 per annum (pro rata), based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description and screening questionnaire can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Cara Bradley on (03) 9445 2429.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation. Applicants should be aware that as required, we conduct police and working with children checks as we acknowledge the importance of Child Safety.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9445 2429
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Saver Plus Coordinator – Epping via Pro Bono Australia.