About the Role
Sydney or Melbourne (1 vacancy only)
Full-time, Ongoing subject to probation period
Salary and Classification Level:
$81,052 – $96,078 + 15.4% superannuation. Salary dependant on skills and experience.
Organiser Level 2.1 to 2.5 (excludes Organiser Expense Allowance).
Position reports to:
Director Campaigns and Communications
Positions reporting to this position are:
Conditions of employment:
Excellent conditions of employment including permanent employment (following probation period), flexible working hours and access to up to 13 accrued days off a year, family friendly conditions including 26 weeks Paid Parental Leave.
Overview of position
We’re looking for a passionate and creative videographer and digital all-rounder with experience in campaigning, who can dream up, design and produce forceful, smart and creative content to help us win campaigns.
The position will report to the Director of Campaigns and Communications and will be primarily responsible for:
- Developing concepts, drafting scripts, filming and editing videos, including production and post production.
- Transporting and setting up the right equipment for the right job including cameras, lights, audio equipment and props, and attending our events.
- Creating short content for social media, websites, digital campaigns, events, conferences, advertising and radio. This includes including animations, memes, vox pops, and assisting our organising teams to arrive at the best form to communicate their message.
- Developing from concept to posting content that recruits and retains members.
- Creating longer form content for the union’s training and development teams.
- Ensuring our content fits seamlessly into campaigns and helps us recruit and retain members.
- Providing input into campaign messaging and strategy as part of the Comms and Campaigns Unit.
- Working with a high degree of autonomy to deliver content for the union.
- Working with organising teams to craft and deliver messages to the right audience at the right time, be it in animation, 3D visualisations, visual effects or routine compositing.
- Other relevant duties as required, such as graphic design, social media and digital campaigning.
To be successful, you will have:
- The ability to manage your own workload across various projects and stakeholders to deliver on deadline.
- All the necessary skills to shoot and produce video, as well as proficiency in the Adobe suite and other software for titling, subtitling, audio production, post production, animation and photography.
- The ability to produce short content in volume when required in a campaign context.
- A focus on story telling and ideas to help tell member’s stories within the constraints they face.
The Videographer is responsible for end to end production of video content and delivering effective digital communications and presence that support the union’s agenda, raise our public profile and maximise support for our campaign priorities. You’ll be working across our union, from our rank and file leaders to our most experienced media performers.
The position would offer the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate their creativity and technical skills combined with their strong video production and online advocacy skills. We are looking for someone who can take a great idea and turn it into sticky content in often short timeframes.
A competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience, will be offered to the successful candidate.
Selection Criteria – required skills, knowledge and ability
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling videos in various formats and experience with each stage of video production, including development, pre production, production, post production and distribution, where required working to short deadlines in a campaign context.
- A commitment to union values and principles.
- Capacity to meet deadlines and manage rapid responses as part of a small team in a high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated strong writing and graphic design skills.
- Experience in campaigning, including digital campaigning and social media and other online platforms and tools.
- Ability to manage professional relationships with diverse groups of people, union officials, delegates and union members, and maintain the strong working relationships required.
- Capacity to embrace new technologies and strategies to promote the CPSU.
About the Organisation
The CPSU is an active and progressive union representing workers in the Australian Public Service, the ACT and Northern Territory public service, the telecommunications sector, call centres, employment services and broadcasting. We are a national union with members in every state and territory.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Videographer via Pro Bono Australia.