About the role
BGF is seeking graduates with a minimum of Certificate IV in Community Service or those willing to undertake this study to join our team of dedicated professionals working in the community to support people living with HIV to build their resilience and maintain their independence. Community Support Program (CSP) is an integral part of BGF’s model of care.
Essential qualities you should display are compassion and empathy, as well as the ability to engage and assist clients with daily living skills. More specifically, to be successful in this role you will be required to:
- deliver high quality support services to meet the identified needs of BGF clients living in the community by performing such duties as medication prompting, shopping, light cleaning, meal delivery, as well as taking clients to their appointments and helping them overcome social isolation
- work in collaboration with BGF’s Caseworkers, Case Managers and other service providers to achieve improved health and wellbeing outcomes for your clients;
- proactively develop and maintain client relationships that facilitate progress towards planned and agreed levels of independence and social interaction;
- write case notes on client contact and outcomes for client records; and
- run or learn to run group activities.
In addition, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Full and unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Provide or undergo a ‘Working with Children’ clearance for paid employment
- Undergo a Police Check (arranged through BGF)
The position being advertised is a casual position only. BGF is an equal opportunity and diversity employer. Persons with a lived experience of HIV are encouraged to apply as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from diverse cultural backgrounds. Please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter needs to address the following
About the organisation
The Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia’s longest serving HIV charity, providing practical, emotional and financial support, financial counselling, housing and employment support to the most vulnerable people living disadvantaged by HIV in New South Wales and South Australia using a casework/case management/community support work model of care.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.