About the Role
Purpose of Role
To support this goal PSP MENA needs to hire a Face to Face (F2F) Officer to help setup and develop a F2F program across different countries in the MENA region as well as provide strategic input, advice on investments, technical expertise, coaching and on-going fundraising support to the relevant teams. This is an amazing opportunity to pioneer the development and implementation of the first ever F2F fundraising strategy in the MENA region which will diversify and increase income to further the mission of UNHCR.
- Provide and co-ordinate the face to face fundraising programme, both agency and any future in-house activity, ensuring that all targets and key performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- Prepare the key performance indicators, using results to drive strategy and developing areas with greatest potential.
- Provide the acquisition and retention plans ensuring the correct volume and quality of venues for the programme to successfully operate.
- Develop the regional strategy for the face to face program, including local plans for market entry and program growth in each of identified markets of interest.
- Advice on investment allocation for the program.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with local authorities and private stakeholders (like private venues) to ensure that procedural and legal requirements are met smoothly and timely.
- Identify the right partners, develop the relationship, and manage contracts with external partner agencies including event, marketing, and recruitment agencies.
- Develop and continuously update and enhance materials used by the F2F field teams, in coordination with campaign and fundraising communication colleagues.
- Provide performance and results against set KPIs and objectives.
- Prepare and manage the program budget, as well as monitor and report on expenses and ROI.
- Attend regional meetings to maintain excellent knowledge of UNHCR campaigns and projects being developed.
- Liaise with other colleagues in the PSP unit in MENA to align plans with other digital and offline activities planned.
- Contribute to skill-sharing and developing relationships with colleagues from other fundraising offices and units.
- Perform other duties when required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of relevant experience with a bachelor degree or two years of relevant experience with master’s degree.
- Experience in fundraising/sales/marketing or related field, with a track record of delivering successful supporter/client retention and development programs.
- Experience in people and performance management.
- Good knowledge of humanitarian assistance and UN environment.
- Proven experience of exceeding KPIs.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong team worker and motivator.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Capacity to travel within the MENA region very frequently and work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment, and work.
- Strong attention to detail and an analytical mind, a proven ability to interpret data &build reports.
- Accountability for work outcomes.
- Highly proficient in MS Office
- Confident working with a high level of autonomy, reporting & delivering on budget.
- Be proactive and have the ability to use your own initiative.
- Fluent English required.
About the Organisation
Established in December 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. For more than six decades, UNHCR has helped over 50 million people restart their lives. Today, over 67 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
UNHCR now has more than 10,966 members of staff. We work in a total of 130 countries and our budget, which in its first year was USD $300,000, grew to USD $6.54 billion in 2016. In 2015, we celebrated our 65th anniversary. During our lifetime, we have helped well over 50 million refugees to successfully restart their lives.
Private Sector Partnership Service (PSP) sits in UNHCR's Division of External Relations and is responsible for raising resources for the organization from two sources; Individual Giving (general public) and Leadership Giving (corporations, foundations and High Net Worth Individuals).
With an ever growing funding gap for the different refugee relief operations, UNHCR is aiming to raise a USD 1 billion/year by 2025 from the private sector globally including the MENA region with an identified significant potential for growth.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Face to Face Officer via Pro Bono Australia.