About the Role
The Homeless Assertive Outreach Response Worker will be required to assist the rough sleeper population within a Street Based Assertive Outreach program to improve their housing and/or health and wellbeing by:
- Actively visit and engage clients in their places of living or agreed meeting places and ensure basic needs are met for clients, warmth, shelter, food and medical assistance.
- Implement and review goal directed case plans collaboratively with clients, with the aim of establishing a shared individualized “one-plan” across the sector.
- Actively engaging the system of support to stabilise all aspects of their health, mental health and physical needs along with addressing housing needs.
- Where possible to support client’s decision to take up safer housing options, advocating and ensuring they have the right supports to maintain their home and living situation. I.e. living skills, budgeting and home management, connection to community services and facilities to improve their wellbeing.
- Undertake proactive Street Based Assertive Outreach activities in collaboration with key stakeholders in LGA catchment areas within the Loddon Mallee region.
- Disbursement of financial assistance Flexible Brokerage to overcome short-term crises
- Transitioning clients with exit planning once the client’s situation has improved and/or the client is being successfully supported by longer-term support service.
About the Organisation
Haven; Home, Safe is the leading provider of integrated homelessness and housing services and Victoria’s first registered affordable housing association. Haven; Home, Safe is a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation and the only fully integrated agency in Australia to provide both homelessness services and affordable housing. We are a Charity with DGR status, committed to the communities in which we operate.
We have a reputation for excellence and provide a range of innovative support programs and property and tenancy management solutions to some of the more vulnerable people across much of the state. Our current portfolio of 2000 properties houses over 5000 people.
Haven; Home, Safe expects a high level of innovation from its executive staff. We expect role-modelled commitment, quality, passion and energy from our employees. In return we offer competitive remuneration packages and attractive benefits. We offer a supportive workplace culture, flexible working conditions, family friendly workplace, training & development opportunities, Employee Assistance Program, salary packaging arrangements and an opportunity to make a real difference within our growing organization
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 5444 9047
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Homeless Assertive Outreach Response Worker via Pro Bono Australia.