About the Role
- Utilise your extensive people & program management experience
- Lead an innovative and unique program
- An opportunity to make a real difference to you young people at risk
- Competitive salary, flexible, supportive team environment with additional leave
- Based in Glen Waverly (Holmesglen TAFE)
The Education First Youth Foyer (EFYF) is an innovative housing program that is creating a different story for young people who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness. This holistic program is delivered through supporting young people with the EFYF 6 Service Offers: Education, Employment, Health & Well-being, Civic participation, Social connection and Housing & living skills. We use a coaching model, which builds the talent and aspirations of young people to move beyond the experience of homelessness and focus on their transition into adulthood. The accommodation facility includes 40 studio style apartments with communal living areas. The foyers aim to support young people to develop their independence through completing a Certificate III or Year 12 equivalent whilst at the Foyer and transition out into employment and private rental at the end of their stay.
This is an inspiring and innovative role in a program that positively changes the way we work with young people in this sector. We are looking for a candidate that is motivated to lead the EFYF campaign wholeheartedly and demonstrate the Advantage Thinking approach in all areas of service delivery. The incumbent sees their role as investing in staff ability to work differently, to leverage funding and partners to sustain our focus on innovation. They manage a team of staff who: embrace youth talent and potential; inspire and enable young people to take control of their own outcomes and future, and; support young people to play a part in shaping the community around them – especially for those who do not get that in a family setting.
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Extensive operational management experience within the community and/or public sectors
- A demonstrated understanding of housing and homelessness
- Experience in effectively managing and building teams
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders towards effective client solutions
- Proven experience in managing programs including the monitoring of budgets and reporting
- Exceptional communication skills
- Current driver’s Victorian licence
For further information regarding this role please visit our website at http://launchhousing.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/ and download the PD.
This is a full time, ongoing role with a base salary of $85,000 – 87,655 plus super & salary packing.
About the Organisation
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. Driven by our values of Empowerment, Fresh Thinking, Agility, Leadership and Courage, we aim to get people housed, keep them housed and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. Clients are at the centre of everything we do.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager - Youth Program via Pro Bono Australia.