About the Role
Woodville Alliance (WA) provides a wide-range of inclusive options for adults with disabilities, maximising people’s social capital and local citizenship. We provide a diversity of service offerings which are co-designed with WA clients and their circle of support to ensure that every individual meets their expected outcomes. WA Disability Services uses a positive and strength based approach within a well-developed culture of person-centred practices.
The Social Enterprise Manager (SEM) will have a proven ability to lead and project manage large and simultaneous projects to implement WA’s strategic goals of social entrepreneurship while maintaining scope, budget and schedule. The SEM will support the senior leadership team to build the capacity of WA to transition disability services to a commercially viable social enterprise model. The SEM will lead key social enterprise projects including GeekAbility and other planned social enterprise partnerships including project management of government grants.
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, drive and develop a culture of social entrepreneurism, decreasing organisational dependency on government grants
- Implement and oversee effective and evidence based business processes in all of WA’s social enterprises
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders including consultancy specialists, other social enterprises and government partners
- In partnership with GM Corporate Services, negotiate terms of various contracts including but not limited to commercial property leases, equipment and services etc.
- Develop business processes that are consistent with Quality ISO and WA’s policies and procedures
- Reporting on and budgeting for social enterprises, in partnership with Senior Leadership Team where applicable
- Develop accessible and inclusive work environments for people with a disability
- Research and respond to the needs of the new disability market including identification and monitoring of competitors
- Tertiary qualifications in business supported by well-developed project managements skills.
- High level of computer skills with advanced competencies in Microsoft Excel and contemporary digital project management platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of social enterprises
- Awareness of socio-economic issues related to people from culturally and linguistically diverse clients.
- Demonstrated superior skills in mediation and negotiation, collaboration and consultation with key stakeholders.
- Commitment to the human rights of people with a disability
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring, capacity building, including staff supervision.
- Commitment to social justice principles and access and equity.
- Demonstrated high level customer/sales and networking/marketing service skills.
- Experience in working with people with a disability
- Passion for digitalised systems and automation of work processes
About the Organisation
Woodville Alliance (WA) is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Western Sydney and working primarily in Fairfield, Bankstown, Auburn and Liverpool. We have operated for over twenty years and provide a broad range of children’s, family, youth, mental health, disability and early intervention services. Further details regarding our services can be found on our website: http://www.woodville.org.au/ Our organisational vision and mission focuses on social justice and working in partnership with our community. Our values include empowerment, empathy, compassion and innovation.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61297225213
Click ‘apply now’ to forward your letter of application addressing #1 – 3 of the essential criteria as well as #10 & 11 from the desired criteria listed above along with your CV by COB Thursday, the 7th of February 2019.
Contact: Tishia Boulton-Bell – HR/CEO Assistant. PH: 02 9722 5213. To view the position description please go to http://external-jobboard.myrecruitmentplus.com/job-details/query/1496603/?subSourceId=9999&typeId=job. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Woodville Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and our work has always been underpinned by a strong commitment to social justice. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Social Enterprise Manager via Pro Bono Australia.