About the role
The purpose of the Community Visitors Scheme is to enhance the quality of life for older people living in Aged Care Homes and in their own residence receiving a Home Care Package. As the CVS Coordinator you will be required to recruit volunteers who are then matched to recipients and make regular visits either on a one-to-one basis or in some areas visiting a group of recipients, in the West Gippsland geographical area. The development of the friendship provides an opportunity for the recipients to feel a continued sense of belonging with their local community.
As the Coordinator, you will be responsible to recruit, train and support CVS volunteers and match to recipients and meet funded numbers target for specific region. You will be required to maintain a positive relationship with key stakeholders and ensure matches between volunteers and care recipients enhance the life of the recipient.
Other responsibilities in this role can include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate volunteers following National best practise standards and MSL volunteer management policies and processes
- In conjunction with your Team Leader, and in consultation with relevant stakeholders, review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the CVS program within the designated region, identify opportunities for improvement (or new initiatives), and implement agreed follow up actions to ensure the program continues to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Promote, raise awareness and educate internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of the program to increase awareness, participation and encourage recruitment of new volunteers and recipient referrals
- Ensure that accurate data, information and statistics are collected and maintained, including maintaining all aspects of the CVS database
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who has proven experience working within a similar position, and who has:
- Experience in coordinating a volunteer program and managing all aspects of volunteer involvement
- High interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a professional telephone manner
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Organisational, planning and time management skills
- High levels of computer literacy in using a range of Office computer packages including, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to work autonomously
- Pragmatic, organised and demonstrates sound judgment
- Resilience and proven ability to adapt style and approach to suit varying situations
- Attention to detail
- Must have drivers license and own transport
Ideally you will have a good understanding of the Aged Care sector and a min of 2 years’ experience coordinating volunteers and/or Certificate IV or higher in Volunteer Management
So now that you have identified that this may be your next career step, here are the finer and important details to help support your goals:
This position is a part time permanent position working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays full days (22.8hrs) working from your own home and visiting recipients in the West Gippsland area.
You will be offered a competitive remuneration package with generous tax-free salary packaging options (which means more in your take home pay) as well as the opportunity to work within a high profile, highly respected, not-for-profit Australian organisation.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check, possibly an International Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Please note: From 1 November 2017, there is a requirement for all workers within a disability services organisation in Victoria to be screened against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) List. A notification may also be made to the DWES unit should it be determined through other safety screening processes, such as a police check, that a person may fall within DWES criteria. For further information, please see www.dhs.vic.gov.au/disability-worker-exclusion-scheme.
MS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the organisation
Introduction to MS:
Multiple Sclerosis Limited (MS) is a Not for Profit organisation, and a leading source of information, advice and services for individuals living with multiple sclerosis. The main focus of the organisation is to help minimise the impact of multiple sclerosis on individual lives and provide ongoing support to ensure their journey is not undertaken alone.
Working with MS:
At MS, team members have great satisfaction in knowing they are part of a team that is making a real difference to the lives of people living with multiple sclerosis.
MS strives to be an employer of choice and have developed an employee benefit program for all permanent and fixed term employees. These include:
- Generous Salary Packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Birthday leave
- Bring Your Dog to Work!
- Discounted Private Health, life, travel & pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Purchased leave
- Rewards & Recognition program
- Learning & Development opportunities
……………. any many more!
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) Program Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.