About the Role
- Part Time Position (2 days per week)
- Fixed Term 30th June 2021
- Fountain Gate Secondary College Location, Victoria
About the Role:
The Occupational Therapist will have two main roles. They will have a small caseload, working with individuals providing the following individual interventions:
- Identification of sensory processing and/or sensory modulation difficulties
- Emotional regulation skills
- Social skills training
- Communication skills training (assertive practice skills, conflict resolution)
- Improving attention and concentration in the classroom
- Analysing the causes for challenging or disruptive behaviours
- Modifying classroom based activities
- Modifying school or classroom environments
- As part of supporting young people, they will also develop structured support and response systems with teaching Staff and provide psychoeducation to teachers and parents.
You will bring:
- Sound knowledge of current theory and practice in occupational therapy
- Highly developed listening and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload and set priorities without supervision
- Knowledge of typical and atypical childhood development
- Capacity to engage and form positive relationships with children, particularly children with developmental differences
Why You Should Apply?
Join a vibrant and innovative not for profit organisation committed to an integrated approach to service, and help make a positive difference in the lives of over forty thousand people each year. Values and the way we interact with each other and our customers are extremely important to us.
We Care, We Listen, We Engage, We Deliver. We strive to provide seamless coordinated care. Whilst we are not there yet, we are constantly working on our processes with a commitment to service, advocacy and innovation to achieve this. We are situated within the community and in most cases close to major shopping precincts. We offer a family friendly workplace. Not For Profit Salary Packaging Available.
Is committed to EACH Vision’s, Mission, Values and Service Principles. Has capacity to recognise own feelings and those of others, self-reflection and self-awareness. Respects the ethical beliefs and diversity of others. Is culturally aware and values social inclusiveness as a strength and positively utilises diversity. Is accountable – Individual responsibility to deliver services within the relevant legislation and regulatory framework and in accordance with sound business/service management practice
About the Organisation
A contemporary not-for-profit EACH provides a range of health disability, counselling and mental health services to the community. From humble beginnings established in the Outer East of Melbourne over 44 years ago, committed teams at EACH now consist of over 1300 staff across 65 sites throughout the eastern states of Australia. Together we support over 40 000 clients annually.
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community. Our values promote Customer Centricity, Social Justice, Service Excellence, Innovation and Collaboration - and these underpin the way we work and deliver our services. You can find out more about us here - http://www.each.com.au
We recognise that not everyone experiences life equally. Our focus is about creating opportunities for equitable outcomes. No matter what someone's starting place, we will support them to achieve their goals.
We embrace diversity in all its forms and respect everyone's strength and contributions irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political views.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: headspace Occupational Therapist - Fountain Gate SC via Pro Bono Australia.