About the role
We have an exciting 3 days per week opportunity for someone to join our team as an Human Resources Advisor. Reporting to the Executive Manager, Human Resources, your primary role will be to deliver day to day employee lifecycle operations support to drive employee engagement and organisational effectiveness.
You’ll take ownership employee lifecycle operations and HR systems; including being involved in the selection of and implementation of a new HRIS. HR reporting and records management both prior to new systems introduction and following systems set up will be your responsibility as will be the administration of service milestone awards, training compliance certification management, employee events and our employee peer to peer recognition program.
In addition, you will lead our talent acquisition (recruitment and selection) and onboarding “reset”. This is an opportunity to design and implement a “fit for purpose” recruitment, selection and onboarding process supporting our managers to grow capability in this key leadership area.
As you will regularly be the only HR professional on site, you will also have the opportunity to provide day to day business partnering advice and guidance to managers across a range of HR activities including recruitment and selection, performance management and employee separations. Finally, there is a need to rethink and reshape our approach to performance management consequently, the opportunity to lead this key business partnering project is available subject to interest and capability.
You may be an HR practitioner with circa 3-5 years’ experience who’s keen to hone and enhance their skills in a supportive, but challenging, environment. Or you may be an HR practitioner with more years of experience who’s keen to apply that experience to this role. Regardless at a minimum our ideal candidate will have:
- experience in an HR advisory role or business partnering role supported by under graduate tertiary qualifications in HR
- a high level understanding of Fair Work act and employment legislation
- experience in the talent acquisition process with a commitment to diversity and inclusion and practical recruitment and selection skills that you are bursting to share
- a background in HR information systems or a demonstrable strong affinity with digital systems with preparedness to be the HR systems administration guru
- excellent administrative skills and experience, supported by strong written and oral communication skills
- and finally, it goes without saying in an HR role, your high-level organisation skills and attention to detail together with your ability to maintain integrity, trust and confidentiality at all times is essential.
This is a unique opportunity to apply a broad range of HR skills to support managers and employees to deliver exceptional service to our clients. In return, the opportunity presents for you to grow your HR capability in a highly professional, supportive environment, with modern offices and competitive remuneration.
To apply, submit your resume and your cover letter addressing the criteria via the APPLY NOW button below.
About the organisation
The vision of Northern Cemeteries is to ensure that everyone in the community has access to respectful, dignified services and memorialization.
We are a not-for-profit organisation with four sites located on Crown land in the northern suburbs of Sydney, and a further site at Sandgate in the Newcastle region. We are passionate about providing excellence in customer service and customer experiences, committed to being an active part of the communities in which we operate, and embrace the diversity of the communities we serve.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: HR Advisor – Part time (3 days per week) via Pro Bono Australia.