About the Role
So, this is where you come in!
Contribute your professional experience and strategic thinking to ensure quality services are provided to the elderly and disabled of the South Western Sydney and Sydney Highlands regions.
We are keen to hear from you particularly if you have: commitment to serve in a voluntary capacity in a Not for Profit Board Directorship role; attend and contribute to meetings held on the 3rd Wednesday each month, 6pm – 8pm at West Leagues Club Leumeah; contribute between meetings with reading of material and potential sub-committee involvement.
Our strengths as a Board include in particular: experience in leadership; finance and business performance and quality improvement. We acknowledge that we lack the depth required in:
2. fundraising and connections;
3. marketing and communications;
4. clinical experience; and
5. Board secretarial
We need your contribution as Director of BCD to include
• Timely input into decision making;
• Role modelling and promoting the organisation’s values
• Contributing your expertise beyond the board meetings
• Orientation towards outcomes such as quality service delivery
• Attending and active participation in board meetings, being part of key working groups, liaising with the Chair, CEO and other board members
• Zoom is used by some Directors when unable to attend in person however we require minimum engagement of 80% of Board meetings per annum
• Reading minutes, reports and other materials provided to actively contribute to discussions, and add value to decision making at Board meetings
• Provision of high-level strategic advice aligned with your individual experience and professional background
• Active participation in the development and governance of finances, budget, and people resource needs of the organisation
• As an Ambassador to communicate/advocate the organisation’s mission, values and programs to the community
• Advising the CEO of opportunities to address community concerns able to be addressed by the organisation’s programs
• Participation in the development and review of policies and procedures of the organisation
Other time commitments may involve contribution to strategy planning sessions, participation in board education, fund raising as well as occasionally participating in and supporting staff /volunteer activities.
Our selection process will include: Reference checks; Police Check, Working with Children Check and $1:00 Membership fee
About the Organisation
BCD Community Care Inc is a South Western Sydney and Southern Highlands provider of safe, reliable aged care and disability services to the community. We support people to maintain living independently and various levels of care as required.
Take a closer look at our webpage for more info on how we help in the community: http://bcdcc.org.au/
Annual budget: $4m
Number of staff: 140 support and office staff
Late last year we merged our two organisation’s in order to deliver improved service, financial stability and coverage to our clients and community. Recently we conducted an audit of the Board’s skill set, experience and considerations for focus going forward in the new-look organisation. We have identified the key challenges to be accomplished by BCD Community Care in the next 12 months to include:
1. Confirmation of clear guidelines, policies and procedures and compliance with statutory accreditation processes
2. Competitive growth strategies and financial viability
3. Business culture of service, excellence and collaboration.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0410510525
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application addressing your key strengths relevant to the role and potential areas of contribution can be emailed to Shane Donohoe at SDTalent@outlook.com or call directly for a confidential discussion on 0410510525
Please quote in application: Non Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.