About the role
- Entry level role to UNSW Philanthropy team – learn from the best!
- Sydney CBD Office
Reporting to the Manager, Alumni Networks & Services, you will be the first point of contact for UNSW graduates, providing high-quality customer service and promoting the benefits of staying connected to the alumni community. Additionally, you will work with key stakeholders across the University to provide confidential and efficient administrative support. Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to enquiries from graduates and initiate and follow up all necessary actions
- Accurate data entry processing and administrative tasks
- Assisting with annual reporting requirements
- Contributing to the improvement of internal systems and processes
- Liaison with stakeholders
- Cooperation with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university
About the successful applicant
You can demonstrate your experience supporting successful alumni or engagement programs. Specific requirements include:
- Prior experience working fast paced, customer focused environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the proven ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- High-level organisational skills and proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across multiple teams and areas
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
About the organisation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team that will help advance UNSW’s ambitious goals. Our Development and International Development teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities. Our Alumni and Engagement team encourages alumni and friends to give time, money and expertise in support of these priorities, while providing ongoing value to graduates, and strengthening the University’s reputation. Our Operations Team ensures that all UNSW donors, alumni and friends receive a consistent and high standard of service and stewardship.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Alumni & Engagement Assistant – UNSW Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.