About the role
The Communications and Business Development Manager is a key member of the Leadership Team, bringing skills, experience, commitment and passion to enhance, develop and add value to all IMVC programs. Working closely with the Executive Officer, this role will be responsible for the development and delivery of overall communication and business development strategies and initiatives. This role contributes significantly to organisational growth, innovation, and solidification of the IMVC as a leader in the youth and community sector.
The successful applicant will enjoy the many benefits of working for the IMVC including: a social working environment; an organisation that values staff and is committed to ongoing professional development; flexible work arrangements; additional days leave; and generous travel allowances.
Key Selection Criteria
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or significant industry experience in communications, marketing, business development, public relations, project management, government, education or community services.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications and business development strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of digital marketing, websites, marketing collateral, and other types of print, electronic, and social media, as well as proven capacity in PR and media relations.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing key publications, presentations and reports including Annual Reports, grant applications and tender submissions and experience working with Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and establish professional strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience drafting and delivering marketing budgets.
- Excellent leadership, organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise competing demands.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children, and of children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
About the organisation
The Inner Melbourne VET Cluster Inc (IMVC) is a not for profit incorporated association, originally established to broker vocational programs for secondary schools in the Inner Melbourne region. As a key driver of vocational education, the IMVC has generated a high level of co-operation and trust, leading to well-developed collegial working relationships amongst schools in five local government areas. In recent years, the IMVC’s service capacity has grown to include providing career development services and re-engagement programs, to connect young people with career information so that they can make informed choices about their future career direction. The IMVC has a wealth of experience in the provision of transition services. Through a client-centred approach, the IMVC combines personal and skills development, with practical experience and assistance, to enable young people to make individual, tailored transitions towards social and economic independence, engaging them in education, further training or employment. The IMVC is also a registered training organisation, delivering Hospitality, Salon Assistant, Retail Cosmetics, and Screen and Media training programs in accordance with the Australian Quality Training Framework /VRQA standards.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications and Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.