About the role
This position will provide casework support to migrants in transition through Red Cross Emergency Relief and for people who have been trafficked, subject to labour exploitation or forced into marriage. You will also contribute to the co-design process and adapt and innovate ways of working in order to improve Red Cross’ response to the needs of migrants in transition.
The role will conduct holistic assessments of complex client strengths and needs using the Strengths and Needs Assessment Framework (SANAF), and other risk assessments (this can include complex mental health and child protection risk assessments) and develop and implement appropriate case plans and safety planni ng.
Additionally, the role will provide quality casework support which identifies key client strengths, needs, resources available to meet those needs and the methods to assist the client to achieve meaningful change and self-agency.
What you will bring
- Proven ability to provide high quality casework support and complex case management.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to holistically assess complex client needs, including conducting risk assessments, and developing effective case plans and safety planning.
- Proven ability to identify service gaps and manage complex cases within a context of competing priorities.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds who have experienced grief, loss, torture, and trauma and who experience ongoing safety risks.
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence is essential for this role
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work or Equivalent is a pre-requisite for this role.
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further enquiries please see position description or contact Kudzayi Nhatarikwa on 0383277912
About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Complex Caseworker - MSP via Pro Bono Australia.