About the role
For over 40 years, UNSW Law has been setting the pace for legal education in Australia. Ranked the 16th Law school in the world in QS World University Rankings 2018, our Employer reputation category placed us 6th in the World. With demonstrated leadership in Law and Social Justice, UNSW Law houses the Andrew and Renata Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law and the Kingsford Legal Centre.
The Development Officer proactively supports the development of the UNSW Law donor pipeline and fundraising program. You will implement strategies to achieve philanthropic revenue targets, as well as manage a personal portfolio of approximately 100 prospects. Success is measured in terms of donor engagement, philanthropic income and portfolio progress (identification, cultivation, proposal, stewardship). Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the UNSW Law Scholarships Portfolio including stewardship, cultivation and upgraded asks
- Building and maintaining relationships with alumni, donors, volunteers and friends of the faculty taking a high-level services approach
- Development and implementation of solicitation strategies for your personal portfolio of prospects focused on developing meaningful relationships resulting in philanthropic giving
- Preparation of gift acknowledgements, sponsorship agreements, project briefs, fundraising proposals and other various fundraising collateral for cultivation and stewardship purposes
- Maintain up to date records in the University’s contact management system
- Working collaboratively with development colleagues and academic leaders to identify projects that require philanthropic support and deliver alumni/donor events
You are a self-driven and motivated fundraising and/or engagement professional, looking for the opportunity to utilise your skills in a world-class fundraising team, with access to the support, training and mentoring to progress your major donor fundraising career.
About the organisation
- Play a leading role in fundraising for progressive education and research in Law and Social Justice
- Be part of our inaugural University-wide philanthropic campaign
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy, UNSW's strategic plan that sets out the priorities and themes that will guide us over the next decade as we position ourselves as 'Australia's Global University'.
Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016, UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team that will help advance UNSW’s ambitious goals. Our Development and International Development Teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities. Our Alumni and Engagement Team encourages alumni and friends to give time, money and expertise in support of these priorities, while providing ongoing value to graduates, and strengthening the University’s reputation. Our Operations Team ensures that all UNSW donors, alumni and friends receive a consistent and high standard of service and stewardship.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Development Officer – Law via Pro Bono Australia.