About the Role
ANZSOG is seeking a Digital Media Advisor to take charge of the organisation’s social media channels and lead innovative content creation.
Working as part of the Stakeholder Relations and Communications team, the successful applicant will manage ANZSOG’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube, as well as develop, create and deliver rich, engaging and ‘shareable’ content to raise awareness of and strengthen the ANZSOG brand, including but not limited to photography, videography, social media and graphic design.
The successful applicant will have a degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field and/or substantial relevant work experience within an education or government context, and at least two years’ experience in a service oriented social media or content creation role.
The Stakeholder Relations and Communications (SR&C) team collaborates as a strategic partner across the organisation to develop evidence driven communications and stakeholder engagement campaigns and activities, which raise the profile of the organisation and help to deliver on ANZSOG’s strategic objectives. Reporting to the Director, Stakeholder Relations and Communications, the Digital Media Advisor will have primary responsibility for providing expert, data driven advice relating to content generation and audience growth, including planning and executing ANZSOG’s social media presence protecting and strengthening the ANZSOG brand and overseeing (including creation of) hard copy and digital marketing collateral. The role also entails reporting on the impact of stakeholder relations and communications activities, and using data insights to identify areas for improvement and growth.
- Use competitor analysis, analytics and audience insights to develop, regularly review and update ANZSOG’s digital strategy, with an emphasis on social media
- Manage and moderate ANZSOG’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Develop, create and deliver rich, engaging and ‘shareable’ digital content for ANZSOG’s social media channels and the ANZSOG website to raise awareness of and strengthen the ANZSOG brand, including but not limited to photography, videography, social media and graphic design
- Maintain ANZSOG’s paid social media strategy, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter with an emphasis on engagement, web traffic and lead generation
- Maintain social media content calendar, ensuring alignment with brand and strategy, appropriate internal stakeholder consultation and sign off
- Provide strategic marketing guidance to identify the most appropriate messages and mechanisms to deliver on ANZSOG’s brand promise
- Provide leadership and strategic advice to people across the organisation, particularly in relation to social media
- Lead various SR&C projects, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to produce high quality outcomes
- Work directly with the Dean and CEO to maintain ANZSOG’s social media presence
- Prepare reports on social media activity for internal stakeholders to communicate the impact of social media activity and areas for improvement
- Attend and staff ANZSOG events as required, including creating social media content
- Manage and moderate ANZSOG’s internal communications channels, including Yammer
- Coach and support internal stakeholders to understand and contribute to ANZSOG’s social media strategy and implementation
- Contribute social media and design expertise to the development of broader campaigns
- Develop (or oversee the commissioning of) and maintain a suite of marketing materials such as:
- The ANZSOG Annual Report
- Brochures and flyers
- Logos, graphics and photographs
- Posters, postcards, banners and advertisements etc.
- Keep abreast of social media and design trends.
Key Selection Criteria
- Degree qualified in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field and/or substantial relevant work experience within an education or government context
- At least two years’ experience in a service oriented social media role
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective digital and social campaigns, including a proven ability to grow large, active communities and audiences
- High-level knowledge of social media platforms, especially LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- High-level knowledge of budget management and social media paid advertising, including proficiency in Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Ads and Twitter Ads
- Graphic design, photography and videography editing skills, including strong skills using Adobe suite including Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Proven ability to think creatively and to translate that into real world outputs
- Strong copywriting skills, including knowledge of SEO principles and story structure
- Strong internal stakeholder/client focus and exceptional communications and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with social media analytics, and excellent research, information gathering, data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent project management skills. The ability to prioritise tasks and lead simultaneous projects, autonomously, on time and to high standard
- Readiness to learn new technologies and skills.
Other job related information
There may be a requirement to work additional hours from time to time
- There may be peak periods of work during which taking of leave may be restricted
- Interstate or international travel may be required
Ensure you are aware of and adhere to ANZSOG policies and procedures relevant to the duties undertaken, including:
- Equal Opportunity Policy: Discrimination, Harassment & Bullying
- OHS Manual
- Values and Behaviour
- Environmental Policy Statement
- Academic Quality and Integrity
Equity and Diversity
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and creating public value.
All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island people, and people with disabilities.
About the Organisation
ANZSOG is owned by and works for the governments of Australia and New Zealand. We work for our government owners and with our university partners to lift the quality of public sector leadership across both nations. We are a global leader in education and research that supports outstanding leadership and enriches the public sector. Our work inspires and connects people across agencies, sectors, jurisdictions and nations. Everything we do helps to deliver better government which means better outcomes for citizens. Owned by 10 governments and 15 universities we were established as a not-for-profit company in 2002.
ANZSOG’s purpose is:
- To inspire public sector leaders to be proud of their chosen career and be the best they can for themselves and the communities they serve.
- To educate public managers to improve their skills capacity and leadership and expose them to the best thinking on public management.
- To connect public sector practitioners and academics and build networks across agencies, sectors and jurisdictions.
- To enrich debate on the future of our public services through our research and providing forums for discussion of key issues.
At the core of our ethos is a deep and genuine care for good public administration, reflecting the aspirations of and our close relationship to our government owners.
For further information: https://www.anzsog.edu.au/
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
To apply for this role please send your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Ms Nawwar Bryant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Digital Media Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.