About the role
- Full time – 12 month Contract, Maternity leave position
- Chirnside park
- Salary: $57,402-$63,000k + Salary packaging
The Foster Carer Support, recruitment, assessment and training position is responsible for ensuring that robust systems are in place for the recruitment, training, assessment and retention of volunteer foster carers.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- A sound knowledge and understanding of issues, policies, legislation and practices in relation to child and family welfare and in particular, children in out-of-home care.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- A strong ability to prepare reports with preferred experience and ability in written psycho-social assessments.
- Excellent customer service skills. Provides clients/community members with high quality, culturally appropriate service and referrals.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor volunteers by providing them with relevant information, support, feedback about their care, and opportunities for professional development
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai, Recruitment Advisor on 9287 8835.
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organization's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
If you like to be part of an organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Foster Care Recruitment, Assessment and Training Worker via Pro Bono Australia.