About the Role
We are looking for an experienced fundraising professional to join our Fundraising team and help strengthen the major gift program. Working closely with the Major Donors Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to upgrade mid-level donors to major giving levels and manage a portfolio of donors.
A key focus of the role will involve monitoring and analysing the database as well as identifying and researching prospects. The Major Donors Coordinator will also prepare funding proposals and donor impact reports and support the Major Donors Manager with stewardship activates.
Key requirements of this position include:
- Demonstration of fundraising experience and proven success with donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship (experience with moves management preferred)
- Demonstrated experience upgrading donors’ giving levels
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate sensitively and respectfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining relationships, both within the organisation and with supporters
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Sound experience using databases (Raisers Edge preferred)
- Member of Fundraising Institute of Australia (preferred)
This is a full-time position however part-time (4 days/week) will be considered for an outstanding candidate.
The Institute offers up to 17% superannuation, flexible working hours and very attractive salary packaging options.
About the Organisation
The Institute is one of Australia’s leading biomedical research organisations, with a strong national and international reputation for performing highly influential basic and translational research.
With more than 1,100 staff and students, the Institute is addressing some of the major health challenges of our time, with a focus on cancer, infection, inflammation, immune disorders, development and ageing. We are at the forefront of research innovation, with a strong commitment to excellence and investment in research computing, advanced technologies and developing new medicines and diagnostics. And our researchers are strongly supported by Professional Services teams.
The Institute is organised around five themes; Cancer Research and Treatments; Infection, Inflammation and Immunity; Healthy Development and Ageing; New Medicines and Advanced Technologies and Computational Biology.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9345 2345
Email : email@example.com
Please email your application including cover letter addressing the selection criteria and CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference WEHI/YSSE in the subject line.
Please address the key selection criteria in a separate document.
At the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute we strive to ensure our staff and students enjoy a great working environment. We value diversity and gender equity in our work force and promote flexible working arrangements for staff to balance working requirements and personal needs.
Please quote in application: Major Donors Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.