About the Role
- Be at the heart of improving the lives of children every day
- Melbourne or Sydney based
- Immediate Start
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a National Manager, Major Gifts to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Philanthropy, our National Manager, Major Gifts will secure, retain and grow long-term high value relationships with major donors, managing a team of Major Donor Managers and close relationships with key stakeholders, to achieve agreed individual and team revenue growth targets for The Smith Family.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a highly experienced, engaging leader to grow in an organisation committed to making a difference. Your passion for the sector and strong relationship skills will see you thrive in this high energy role. A day in the life of our National Manager, Major Gifts might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, your responsibilities will be:
- Development and refinement of the Major Donor strategy, in conjunction with the Head of Strategy & Philanthropy
- Development and implementation of marketing plans, communication materials and activities, with support from the Philanthropy Communications Manager and Events team
- Development and implementation of effective processes for the Major Donor function, including reporting, acquittals, budgeting, business development pipeline and donor relationship management
- Development of a strong pipeline of prospective donors, including new donors
- Management and steward a portfolio of high net worth donors
- Creation of persuasive funding proposals and acquittals
- Close collaboration with Internal Stakeholders to develop new income opportunities, steward donors and manage processes for donor transfer and interaction between the teams
- Close working with the National CFEF Manager, to support income generation for the Children’s Future Education Fund strategy and manage processes for effective stewardship of CFEF donors within the Major Donor team portfolio
It takes a special kind of person to be our National Manager, Major Gifts. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and/or demonstrable transferable skills in a similar or related role
- Significant fundraising experience in the NFP sector
- Solid people leadership experience leading a high-performing team
- Documented track record of meeting and exceeding financial targets by attracting new donors, and stewarding and growing existing donors
- Proven experience in pitching and presenting to donors
- Outstanding persuasive ability, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and strong influencing skills
- Broad-based knowledge of best practices in various facets of Major Donor relationship management
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday, 22 April 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: National Manager, Major GIfts via Pro Bono Australia.