About the Role
The Grants and Research Officer is responsible for the following day-to-day activities:
- Primary point of contact and a supportive resource for grant applicants and research partners.
- Processing grant applications and liaising with applicants
- Assisting with pre- and post-award administration, including use of SmartyGrants software to monitor and record project progress
- Monitoring & supporting project partners to ensure they meet activity, budget and reporting milestones in a timely manner
- Assisting with the publication of ACCAN Grant and Research outputs and promotion, including editing, proofing, and drafting of copy for ACCAN’s website and other publications, ensuring they are inclusive and accessible
- Assisting with building the profile of ACCAN research in the community
- Curating ACCAN’s research bibliography, stock of printed resources and ISBN.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- A degree or equivalent in a related area
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Demonstrated high-level research skills, including understanding of methodology and research ethics
- Oral and written communication skills of a high order, able to assess complex information for quality and outcomes
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of people, including consumer/community organisations and academic institutions
- Ability to work in a self-directed role with limited supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and in a consultative framework
- Advanced proficiency in information and communication technology
- A commitment to the effective representation of the interests of consumers
The position is for 22.5 hours per week and flexible arrangements will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
ACCAN is an EEO employer: women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
About the Organisation
The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, ACCAN, is Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues. ACCAN is an important and independent consumer voice promoting communications services that are trusted, inclusive and available for all Australian consumers with particular concern for vulnerable consumers whose needs are underrepresented
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Grants & Research Manager
Phone : 02-9288-4000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter addressing the Essential Skills, to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 29 April 2019.
A position description, including the Essential Skills for the position, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
Tel: 02-9288-4000 Fax: 02-9288-4019 or contact us via the NRS
Please quote in application: Part-time Grants and Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.