About the role
- Full time, ongoing position
- Sydney CBD or Melbourne (North Melbourne) location
- Work for the world’s largest humanitarian movement
This is your opportunity to develop, manage and grow the Philanthropic support and fundraising for Red Cross and ensure our income targets are achieved. You will work in close collaboration across the organisation to maximize revenue whilst ensuring a seamless and rewarding customer journey.
As the Philanthropy Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team to engage: (1) major donors ($10000 or more in a single year) including private ancillary funds, and (2) Society of Women Leaders, a Red Cross-focused women’s giving circle.
Your focus will be on developing a strategy for acquisition in addition to a strategy for retention and growth. The role will work closely with the Corporate Strategy and Partnerships Manager and the Business Development Unit Managers to ensure coordinated activity in identifying and maximising opportunities for growth and retention from donors and other Red Cross partners.
What you will bring
- Experience in either major gift fundraising and asking for high value gifts or managing high net worth individuals.
- Ability to develop and deliver strategic initiatives within budget.
- Exceptional relationship skills and ability to deepen connections with current and potential major donors and other key internal and external stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds.
- Financial results delivery and budget management experience within a not for profit environment or other relevant environment
- Strong understanding of the philanthropic landscape in Australia and associated trends.
- Existing network of contracts within the Australian philanthropic sector.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and an openness to working in new ways.
- Good understanding of legal, financial and ethical issues related to major gifts.
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven experience in managing staff (and volunteers).
- High level of customer service skills, including complaint handling.
- Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office and database applications.
- Substantial experience in relevant role(s) together with well-established networks
Know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability. You will also have access to generous salary packaging options.
For enquiries please contact Felicity Calvert on 0424 602 334
About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
As an organisation independent of government and with no political, religious or cultural affiliation, our vision is human dignity, peace, safety and well-being for all.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager – Sydney or Melbourne via Pro Bono Australia.