About the role
About your opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-driven Primary Care Advisor to join the Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation (SEDI) Program within the Prevention Division. Reporting to the Workforce Development Manager, your role is to:
- Coordinate the development, delivery and ongoing review of evidence-based prevention and early detection of cancer education and training programs in the Primary Care Sector.
- Identify opportunities to develop and strengthen partnerships and strategic alliances with key stakeholder such as the Primary Health Networks, RACGP and other peak bodies in Primary Care as well as seek funding opportunities for cancer screening, hepatitis and HPV activity.
- Engage general practices, primary health networks and community health services to advocate for cancer screening, hepatitis and HPV immunisation education and training initiatives.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A tertiary qualification in public health, primary health care, education, training or a related discipline.
- Substantial experience in developing partnerships and managing projects within the primary health sector.
- A high level of initiative and proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A high degree of understanding of the primary health sector as well as the ability to monitor policy and program changes at both a state and national level.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 12 months provides a full-time equivalent salary within range $76,000-$85,000 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
Achieving equitable outcomes for all Victorians is a priority for Cancer Council. The Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation Program (SEDI) aims to mobilise community participation in cancer screening and immunisation. The Primary Care Advisor’s role within the Workforce Development area of the SEDI team will primarily address general practice training and development needs and quality improvement activities in cancer screening, hepatitis and HPV immunisation.
The SEDI program team is collegiate, filled with passionate, independent thinkers and self-initiators. Our management structure empowers within a supported environment.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Primary Care Advisor (PREV.170) via Pro Bono Australia.