About the role
The Principal Lawyer position supervises the Lawyers of the practice and supports legal staff, volunteer solicitors and law students.
- The ideal candidate will have broad legal knowledge and demonstrated experience leading, developing and mentoring a team of lawyers.
- The candidate will provide professional and legal supervision ensuring that information, advice and casework services are appropriate, efficient and effective.
- The role ensures that legal services operate within the services guidelines and in accordance with professional legal practice, including government and professional indemnity insurance requirements.
- Applicants are required to hold a current, unrestricted Victorian Practising Certificate and be admitted to practice in the Federal Jurisdiction.
- A minimum of five years’ experience is required.
- A competitive salary package will be negotiated based on qualifications, skills and experience.
This service operates in a vibrant regional centre and the position can be designed to encompass flexible working arrangements for the ideal candidate.
About the organisation
Ballarat & Grampians Community Legal Service is an independent not-for-profit organisation providing free and accessible legal advice, referral, casework and community legal education to people in the Central Highlands and Wimmera regions of Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Principal Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.