About the role
- Make a genuine difference to the lives of some of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and their families
- Permanent Part Time (18.75 hours a week)
- Perth, Western Australia
The Smith Family is a national charity that helps young Australians in need to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. As the Program Specialist it is your role to specialise in the support and coordinate the successful delivery of student2student (s2s) within Western Australia, and interstate. This is achieved through the centralisation of a number of aspects of the program delivery including human resources, program resources and program quality. This role provides leadership and guidance to the Western Australian and other National Learning for Life team around what successful delivery will look like and operates as a Subject Matter Expert within the state.
A day in the life of an s2s Program Specialist might look like this, but every day will be different:
- Providing clear and relevant updates, direction and support to team members across different levels and functional teams. This includes providing support to team members around the recruit of quality students for this program.
- Training of student reading volunteers and troubleshooting volunteer engagement/satisfaction issues as needed, and look for program efficiencies in the volunteering space.
- Appropriately managing any Child Protection concerns within The Smith Family’s framework and state policy.
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our s2s Program Specialists. The ideal candidate will hold a Tertiary qualification, preferably in the areas of project management or social services. You will have a demonstrated experience in people management and training, including recruitment and on-boarding, organisational administration and presenting and facilitating. You have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships, with the ability to engage and manage the contribution of volunteers, sourced from a variety of backgrounds. You are capable of working independently as well as are able to lead and be part of a team, with proven time management skills with the ability to plan and project anticipated workloads.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Specialist student2student via Pro Bono Australia.