About the role
- Join a friendly, collaborative and supportive environment
- Multiple Full-time opportunities – Ongoing and Fixed Term in Heidelberg
- Attractive Salary with Salary Packaging and a great range of benefits
Kids First Australia (formerly known as Children’s Protection Society) have a number of exciting Support & Safety Hub Practitioner roles available working within a new multidisciplinary Hub to deliver high quality, safe and effective responses, in partnership with Family Safety Victoria (FSV), within The Orange Door.
The vision for the Hubs is to create a future where all Victorians can enjoy safe and respectful personal and family relationships, where children grow up in families that value their health, development and wellbeing. The Support & Safety Hubs deliver a fundamental change to the way we work with women, children, families, and the perpetrators of violence.
The Hub Team, located within the North East Metropolitan Area (NEMA) consists of a multidisciplinary team with a mix of staff employed by FSV and staff employed by Community Service Organisations (CSOs), Aboriginal services and Department of Health & Human Services Victoria (DHHS). The Hub delivers screening and triage, assessment, crisis responses, service planning, targeted interventions, allocation and coordinated referrals.
To work within this new collaborative project, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology and/or related tertiary qualification relevant to Child & Family Welfare
- Experience working with families and children experiencing complex needs and risk issues, such as family violence
- Demonstrated ability to contribute actively and positively as a team member
- Experience in conducting comprehensive safety, risk and wellbeing assessments and working within the ‘Best Interests Principles’ as outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- A sound understanding of the Integrated Family Services and Child Protection systems
A satisfactory police check, clear Working with Child Check and a current Victorian Driver’s Licence are required.
What you’ll get from us in return:
- Role within an exciting new multi-agency scheme
- Multiple Full-time opportunities – Ongoing and Fixed Term
- Heidelberg location, close to public transport
- Professional development and training
- Regular supervision
- Paid family violence days
- Paid cultural leave
- 2 days ex gratia leave each year
- Friendly, collaborative and supportive environment
Enquiries are welcome, please call or email Lee Park, Acting Child & Family Services Manager, on 9450 0900 or email@example.com
About the organisation
Kids First Australia (formally Children's Protection Society) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support and Safety Hub Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.