About the role
- Undertake team meetings whilst facilitating and documenting accurate outcomes every month;
- Manage the WHS function within the site
- First point of escalation / management oversight for incidents
- Manage and direct daily activities including domestic tasks, activity planning and outcome focused work;
- Support and monitor staff performance and development.
- Provide direction for functions, duties and roles where required.
- Identify employee concerns, resolve immediately or if assistance required, advise the Service Manager and take agreed action to remedy these.
- Maintain effective functions/systems for designated services, in consultation with the Service Manager
- Develop, review and implement Individual Support plans as required
- Facilitate social inclusion and increase opportunities for community access to people we support by providing a monthly schedule of internal and external activities and programs;
- Implement management strategies and oversee data collection related to challenging behaviours
- Assist with the overall function of residences including completing regular reports and documentation as directed
To be successful in this role you must have :-
- Advanced English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Intermediate management and leadership skills
- Advanced IT skills including MS Office and computer/laptop usage
- Proven ability to be resilient and work under change
- Ability to work closely with multidisciplinary team
- Drivers licence
- Current Police Check
- Relevant experience in the field
- Diploma, degree or equivalent in a related field
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.