About the Role
- Full time position
- Morwell Office
- $80,811 to $85,390
This position will provide leadership, direction and support to Early Intervention Programs. These include Aboriginal Cradle to Kinder program, Koori Families – First Educators program, Kids Connect program & Tuning into Kids Program. These programs support vulnerable Aboriginal children and families.
The positions will also provide staff with regular professional supervision and appropriate development and training opportunities to provide a quality service.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- A sophisticated understanding of the child and family welfare legislative and policy context, theories of attachment, trauma and child development as well as relevant risk assessment frameworks, service responses and interventions in working with vulnerable families.
- Highly developed organizational skills, interpersonal, written and communications skills including the capacity to negotiate and work effectively with a range of individuals and agencies to ensure program objectives are achieved.
- Ability to supervise and support staff
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
Apply for this Job
Application deadline is Sunday, 05 May 2019
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai, Recruitment Advisor on 9287 8835
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader- Early Intervention via Pro Bono Australia.