About the Role
- Ongoing Full-time and Part-time position available
- Sunshine location
- Generous salary packaging available
About the programs
Melbourne City Mission are the largest provider of youth crisis accommodation in Victoria. There are four Youth Refuges within Melbourne City Mission – Stopover; WRAP – Western Region Accommodation Program; Iramoo and Vicky’s Place. All of these four supported crisis accommodation services are for young people aged 16 to 24.
All of the Refuges work within a strengths-based framework, and focuses on assisting young people to build of their existing skills and develop their own capabilities.
The purpose of the role
The Youth Refuge Worker will assist with providing structured support, assessment and referral to young people and their children within the program and providing assistance to access appropriate accommodation options particularly youth housing, family reconciliation, private rental and public housing.
We are seeking applicants who have a qualifications in Social Work, Youth Work, or a related community services field. Experience in working with homeless young people would be desirable. A clear understanding of working within a case management framework including client assessment and intake processes will also be highly regarded.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Youth Work, or related community services field (Certificate IV with demonstrated experience minimum).
- A clear understanding of working within a case management framework including client assessment and intake processes.
- Strong ability to actively and assertively engage young people with complex needs, particularly in a residential environment.
- An understanding of the homelessness service system with knowledge of patterns, trends and systemic issues, and principles in working with at risk young people.
- Knowledge of local and regional human service networks and service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills encompassing interpersonal, verbal and written, and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational, time management and computer skills.
- Availability to work shift work including weekends and sleepover shifts.
- Internet-enabled device for Time & Attendance when working offsite.
- Experience working with young people experiencing homelessness.
- Knowledge of coaching, attachment and/or trauma informed practice.
Please review the position description below for the full duties and key selection criteria.
For further information regarding this role please contact Emily Anile, Team Leader- WRAP Youth Refuge, at email@example.com
About the Organisation
About the organisation
Melbourne City Mission is a diverse and progressive community services organisation. We assist thousands of Victorians through programs in Children, Youth, Adult and Family Services, Disability Services, Palliative Care, Youth Homelessness and Employment, Education and Training.
Click here to find out more about us!
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for this position, applicants must include a current CV and address the key selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
Please forward your application to:
Emily Anile, Team Leader- WRAP Youth Refuge, at email@example.com
Applications by 5pm 23rd April 2018.
Only applicants who are shortlisted will be notified.
As part of Melbourne City Mission’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening checks process. Successful appointment to a position will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, and current and valid driver license. All costs associated with safety screening checks with the exception of the National Police Check will be at applicants’ expense.
Melbourne City Mission supports staff by providing a range of learning and professional development opportunities, as well as offering work/life balance practices that recognise diversity and value staff participation in community life. The successful applicant will enjoy excellent benefits including salary packaging along with competitive remuneration.
Our commitment to diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
Please quote in application: Youth Refuge Worker via Pro Bono Australia.