About the role
- Ongoing Full-time and Part-time position available
- Sunshine location
- Generous salary packaging available
About the programs
Melbourne City Mission are the largest provider of youth crisis accommodation in Victoria. There are four Youth Refuges within Melbourne City Mission – Stopover; WRAP – Western Region Accommodation Program; Iramoo and Vicky’s Place. All of these four supported crisis accommodation services are for young people aged 16 to 24.
All of the Refuges work within a strengths-based framework, and focuses on assisting young people to build of their existing skills and develop their own capabilities.
The purpose of the role
The Youth Refuge Worker will assist with providing structured support, assessment and referral to young people and their children within the program and providing assistance to access appropriate accommodation options particularly youth housing, family reconciliation, private rental and public housing.
We are seeking applicants who have a qualifications in Social Work, Youth Work, or a related community services field. Experience in working with homeless young people would be desirable. A clear understanding of working within a case management framework including client assessment and intake processes will also be highly regarded.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Youth Work, or related community services field (Certificate IV with demonstrated experience minimum).
- A clear understanding of working within a case management framework including client assessment and intake processes.
- Strong ability to actively and assertively engage young people with complex needs, particularly in a residential environment.
- An understanding of the homelessness service system with knowledge of patterns, trends and systemic issues, and principles in working with at risk young people.
- Knowledge of local and regional human service networks and service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills encompassing interpersonal, verbal and written, and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational, time management and computer skills.
- Availability to work shift work including weekends and sleepover shifts.
- Internet-enabled device for Time & Attendance when working offsite.
- Experience working with young people experiencing homelessness.
- Knowledge of coaching, attachment and/or trauma informed practice.
Please review the position description below for the full duties and key selection criteria.
For further information regarding this role please contact Emily Anile, Team Leader- WRAP Youth Refuge, at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the organisation
About the organisation
Melbourne City Mission is a diverse and progressive community services organisation. We assist thousands of Victorians through programs in Children, Youth, Adult and Family Services, Disability Services, Palliative Care, Youth Homelessness and Employment, Education and Training.
Click here to find out more about us!
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Refuge Worker via Pro Bono Australia.