About the role
As the leading post graduate student association, the University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association (GSA) represents and supports over 36,000 members. This year GSA celebrates 25 years of being at the heart of graduate student life, offering members representation, work skills, study skills, events and a student community.
GSA provides policy and campaigning functions supporting students to reach their full potential and become well-rounded, thoughtful and skilled professionals whilst increasing the reach and influence of the association.
Benefits & Culture
- High performing inclusive culture
- Based on site at University of Melbourne
- Offering 17% super
- Attractive EBA
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous travel allowance
- Career development and training
The CEO will work as a strategic partner to the student board responsible for ensuring the associations influential leadership position and long term sustainability. A critical element of the role is to operationalise the new 5 year strategy incorporating fundamental priorities of respected ethical leadership, representation with impact, direct member value and sustaining a strong and viable organisation.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Deliver financial oversight whilst building and maintaining self-sufficiency
- Building influence and reputation with the University, government, partners, associations and community representatives
- Managing the operations and continuing to foster a positive and empowering culture
- Supporting the student board in advocacy and governance
- Engaging with members to strengthen capacity to deliver a contemporary offering
You will bring a progressive style of leadership and management experience from a like-minded organisation. You’ll naturally take a collaborative and inclusive approach to supporting and communicating with the board.
Specifically you will have:
- A track record of building trusted relationships with diverse stakeholders
- The ability to implement strategy and inspire a clear vision of success
- Highly developed negotiating and influencing skills
- Proven financial acumen and the ability to drive revenue diversification
- Demonstrated success working closely with a Board
Individuals with membership/association or education experience and University of Melbourne Alumni are encouraged to apply.
If you have a passion for higher education and may be contemplating your first move into a CEO role please send a cover letter and resume in MS Word format quoting ref#111152 or call Anna Skeels on 03 8319 4070.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.