About the Role
As we move into our fifth year and next phase of development, we are seeking to strengthen our board and are currently recruiting for the positions of both Company Secretary and General Director with the following qualities and attributes:
- Passion for, and commitment to the work of Birth for Humankind;
- Purpose-driven, with a strong sense of social justice and community, and a desire to put their skills and experience towards creating positive social change;
- Collaborative, inclusive and supportive leadership and management style;
- Commitment to transparent, open, authentic communication;
- Strong attention to detail, integrity and credibility, and belief in the power of community, diversity and celebration; and
- Ability to commit to the role and the organisation long-term.
For a full description of the roles, please download the position description.
About the Organisation
Established in 2014, Birth for Humankind is a not-for-profit organisation that exists to address a gap in the maternal health system whereby women experiencing socio-economic disadvantage are often journeying through pregnancy and labour alone, under-prepared and confused about their choices. This leads to poorer birth experiences and outcomes. Birth for Humankind exists to help close this gap and ensure all women, regardless of their socio-economic circumstances, have access to support, education and care during their pregnancy, birth and early parenting.
We do this through offering free one-to-one birth and early parenting support, education programs, and information, networking, referrals to other support services and advocacy. Informed decisions, loving care and continuous support can help to reduce birth complications and support more positive birth outcomes for mothers and babies.
For more information please visit our website: www.birthforhumankind.org
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
To apply for these positions, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Birth for Humankind welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability.
Birth for Humankind is committed to child safety and wellbeing. All employees and volunteers must abide by our Child Safe Commitment Statement and Code of Conduct.
For further information on the positions, please contact Olivia Mason on 0412 856 736.
Please quote in application: Company Secretary and General Director via Pro Bono Australia.