About the Role
The Fundraising Officer role will be responsible for coordinating Justice Connect’s fundraising program. This role will work in collaboration will key internal and external stakeholders to deliver fundraising campaigns, events, and assist Justice Connect in administering its fundraising program.
Coordinate and implement of Justice Connect’s strategic fundraising program that has key aims to:
- Support existing donors and philanthropic relationships
- Identify, engage and onboard new donors and philanthropic organisations
- Create meaningful opportunities for donors and potential donors to engage with Justice Connect
- Identify grant opportunities and facilitate grant application processes and grant progress tracking
- Coordinate the cultivation and stewardship of relationships with current and future donors and funders, including major donors and regular giving donors,
- Coordinate Justice Connect’s grant program, including providing support to internal decision making regarding potential funding applications
- Identify, document and coordinate funding opportunities
- Provide administrative and coordination support, including guest list oversight, for Justice Connect’s events that relate to fundraising activity (including but not limited to major donor dinners, public events with a fundraising / donor acquisition component and third party fundraising initiatives)
- Work with the Head of Innovation and Engagement, contributing to the development and direction of external fundraising and stakeholder communications and publications including newsletters and annual reports
- Contribute to improving Justice Connect’s fundraising infrastructure and compliance obligations
- Professionally and effectively promote and publicise the work of Justice Connect
- Undertake quarterly reporting and other organisational reporting and analysis on fundraising outcomes
- Contribute to Justice Connect’s Reconciliation Action Plan activities.
- Perform other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role
- Qualifications in fundraising, public relations, communications, events or marketing are desirable
- Experience in a professional and/or not-for-profit environment is desirable
- Experience in a fundraising or campaigning setting (valuable)
- Experience using CRM systems and/or in expert data management systems (highly valuable)
- Experience in professional communication (valuable)
- Experience in stakeholder management and engagement, in particular in working with clients/donors (highly valuable)
- Experience applying for and managing philanthropic grants and relationships is desirable
- Proficiency in project coordination, including online project management tools is preferred, but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A commitment to Justice Connect’s vision, strategy and values, including a commitment to social Justice Connect
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to successfully build and manage key relationships, including with donors, funders and internal stakeholders including board and staff
- Understanding of NFP funding environment
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgement
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to stay focussed and calm under pressure, and to appropriately prioritise competing demands
- High level of expertise in MS Office, CRM, emailing systems
- Experience in design software (e.g. Indesign) valued but not essential
About the Organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. Justice Connect is a not-for-profit organisation with a vision of a fair and strong community in which people have a fair chance at a better life, the community sector is strong and vibrant and the legal/justice and non-legal social systems are fairer and better.
At Justice Connect, we believe everyone deserves a fair chance at a better life. Too often, our legal system is complicated, expensive and inaccessible. And when the system doesn’t work for everyone, it works for
no one. It holds our community back. That’s why we use the law to help people and community groups left behind by an unfair and complicated legal system. Whether it’s a single mother facing homelessness, a local community group struggling with overwhelming regulation or an older person dealing with family violence, real-life problems so often have legal solutions. That’s why we connect people with legal help. We use the power of the law to open up the legal system for those locked out of it, and to change the system where it is broken.
The key to our impact is the passionate commitment of our people. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, driven by a desire to deliver real improvements in the lives of the people and communities we help.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03)8636 4447
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Officer via Pro Bono Australia.