About the role
The Business Operations Officer is a new full-time role created to provide the administration, program coordination, NDIS processing, and support the CEO of Hear For You in the National office in Macquarie Park.
You will have strong interpersonal skills, can work independently, demonstrated ability to negotiate and be an innovative, business-minded person who enjoys working with people.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a Not-for-profit organisation in the deaf and hard of hearing sector, have proven ability to manage projects, be a hands-on and a solution-focused individual.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Key responsibilities for the Business Operations Officer will include but not be limited to the following:
• Office Administration, Financial Processing and Business Operations.
• Administrate the Victorian Hear For You Mentoring Programs from Sydney.
• Support the CEO through coordination of administrative tasks, NDIS processing and compliance.
• Manage the Hear For You Customer Relations System.
• Coordinate the Risk Register and Management System for National and Victorian Operations.
● Completion of an undergraduate qualification with demonstrated relevant experience;
● Prior experience (2 years) in program management/administration with relevance to the accountabilities of this position;
● Demonstrated contemporary office management leadership skills;
● Sound knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme;
● Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to communicate with people from a broad range of backgrounds.
● Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar role with youth/young people;
● Demonstrated experience in working with deaf and hard of hearing people or in the deafness sector;
● Demonstrated experience working with teenagers and young people;
● Demonstrated coaching and/or mentoring experience;
About the organisation
Hear For You (HFY) is the only dedicated youth mentoring program in Australia aimed at inspiring deaf and hard of hearing teens to reach their full potential in life. HFY mentoring programs and workshops are the core of what we’re about. What’s important is that they’re all focused on the same thing: giving deaf teenagers support, guidance and the chance to meeting people who ‘get’ what they’re going through. HFY mentors are young, deaf or hard of hearing adults, who have been there and experienced the same challenges as the teenagers are facing. They really do ‘get it’.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Operations Officer via Pro Bono Australia.