About the Role
- Opportunity to lead exciting program and a small team
- Salary packaging available
- Working across the Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
Caring Dads is an early intervention program developed in Canada by the University of Toronto and Changing Ways, for fathers who have physically abused, emotionally abused or neglected their children, or exposed their children to domestic violence or who are deemed to be at high-risk for these behaviors. Anglicare Victoria Western Region and IPC Health are trialing this program in partnership with the Kids First.
The program consists of a 17-week, empirically-based, manualized group parenting intervention for fathers, systematic outreach to mothers to ensure safety and freedom from coercion, and ongoing, collaborative case management of fathers with existing service providers and other professionals involved with men’s families. Caring Dads combines elements of parenting, fathering, family violence and child protection practice to enhance the safety and well-being of children.
Program principles emphasize the need to enhance men’s motivation, promote child-centred fathering, address men’s ability to engage in respectful, non-abusive co-parenting with children’s mothers, recognize that children’s experience of trauma will impact the rate of possible change, and work collaboratively with other service providers to ensure that children benefit (and are not unintentionally harmed) because of father’s participation in the intervention.
The Caring Dads Coordinator will provide support, regular supervision and reflective practice sessions for the Caring Dads Facilitators. They will be responsible for liaising and networking with relevant government agencies and community stakeholders to establish effective referral pathways to the program. They will also provide secondary consultations and community education sessions to the sector as required.
The Coordinator will be responsible for allocation of cases to the Caring Dads Facilitators and ensuring equity of service provision for the primary partners and priority areas. The Caring Dads Coordinator will work with the Caring Dads Clinical Director (Children’s Protection Society) to ensure program fidelity in their local area. They will also work closely with the Caring Dads Clinical Director to ensure the evaluation data is collected and managed appropriately
To Be Successful for this Position You will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Community Services, Counselling, Casework Practice or a related field.
- Experience in leading critical reflection, applying theoretical frameworks and referring to research and literature to inform case practice and decision-making at a superior level.
- Experience in the establishment of a new program and development of program policies and procedures.
- Broad knowledge of both specialist and mainstream services and ability to navigate the service system at both a local and state-wide level.
- Advanced understanding of the Child Protection and Family Violence system with extensive experience in undertaking risk assessments and working with high risk, statutory clients.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) to vulnerable children, young people and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the Organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0439655018
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Please quote in application: Caring Dads Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.