About the role
Ecstra Foundation is recruiting a Communications, Marketing & Media professional with significant experience in managing media, industry and government relationships, building brand awareness, digital campaign execution, and producing multi channel content creation.
An understanding of the Australian financial services sector and key financial concepts, an interest in consumer rights and some experience interacting with the not for profit sectors is desirable to succeed in this role.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute Ecstra’s integrated communications and stakeholder engagement plans
- Communicate with impact across a range of consumer groups to promote positive attitudes to money management and fair treatment of consumers
- Generate content and curate external source material including media releases, website, social media, newsletters, blogs and storytelling
- Monitor trends and publicly promote financial capability in the media. Collaborate with peers, grant recipients and others to increase public engagement
- Host roundtables, attend industry events and representing Ecstra on external panels and advisory groups as required
To excel in this role you will have:
- 5+ years experience in marketing and communications
- Confidence and experience dealing with media at a national level
- Ability to engage with a range of audiences on important financial and consumer issues
- Proven track record of building relationships with key stakeholders – including Government, regulators, consumer groups, financial service providers, corporates, and the not for profit sector
- Significant social media and digital marketing experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in communications, finance, journalism or business
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A strategic AND hands on approach
- Ability to work autonomously in a small and very collaborative team and pitch in on a variety of tasks
About the organisation
Ecstra is a new not for profit committed to empowering consumers and building the financial capability of all Australians within a fair financial system.
Ecstra helps Australians access the resources they need to make confident decisions today about their financial future. We are a grant making organisation, working as part of the National Financial Capability strategy. We work closely with stakeholders across Government, regulators, consumer groups, financial service providers, corporates, and the not for profit sectors.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications, Marketing and Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.