About the role
- Exciting new leadership position
- Build your own team
- Drive new strategy, leveraging success and growth
This is an exciting opportunity to take a pivotal role in leading and implementing a new fundraising and philanthropy strategy.
As the Asylum Seekers Centre embarks on a new organisational strategic plan 2019-2021, we are seeking a Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships to engage and lead a small team and who will be responsible for fundraising, philanthropy, donor engagement and increasing strategic corporate partnership that will support our strategic priorities and vision.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships will be a member of the Management Team and will drive the strategy implementation and an organisational-wide culture of fundraising and philanthropy.
The Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships will focus on and develop key major donor programs and initiatives for sustainable growth in revenue and create authentic and lasting stakeholder relationships.
To be successful in this position, you need:
- Demonstrated success in managing a portfolio of major donors/partnerships and closing significant philanthropic gifts.
- An ability to take a leading role in creating future growth and stakeholder engagement.
- Authenticity, and the ability to inspire people and lead cultural change.
- Experience in leading people, teams and volunteers.
- A strong commitment to social justice issues and the plight of refugees and asylum seekers.
- Capabilities, skills and experience as set out in the Position Description.
This is a full-time 3 year fixed-term contract position with the opportunity for renewal.
An attractive remuneration including salary sacrifice will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
About the organisation
The Asylum Seekers Centre provides practical and personal support for people seeking asylum living in the community.
ASC purpose is to
- Provide support and services for people seeking asylum to enable them to become independent and valued members of the community.
- Advocate for a supportive policy and service framework that recognises the rights and needs of people seeking asylum in Australia – regardless of how they arrive.
- Create a welcoming and supportive community – involving people from all walks of life in our work while building understanding of asylum issues and support for people seeking asylum.
Our services include casework, accommodation, financial relief, health care and counselling, employment assistance, education, advocacy, food and recreational activities.
We rely on philanthropic grants, individual donations, some state government support, a dedicated team of professional staff and hundreds of volunteers to undertake our work.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of philanthropy and partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.