About the role
GetUp is looking for a Project Lead to coordinate and manage organisational engagement with parliamentary processes and regulators.
SCHADS Classification Level 6-8. Salary range is $82.319.12 – $99,927.88 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a six month fixed term contract on the basis that it is to work on a project or event with a fixed timeline. Preferred location is Sydney, though other locations may be considered for the right applicant.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with the position starting ASAP.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
The Project Lead will:
- Develop strategies for organisational engagement with parliamentary or regulatory hearings and processes as needed;
- Identify political threats to the organisation and develop response plans;
- Run weekly coordination meetings to ensure work streams are progressing to agreed timelines;
- Coordinate and respond to the needs of internal stakeholders, including the General Counsel, Political Director and Head of Brand;
- Monitor the activities of external stakeholders, assess their impact on GetUp activities, and draft organisational response plans;
- Regularly report into executive staff and draft briefing notes for the GetUp board to keep them up to date; and
- Ensure GetUp’s National Director is well informed and able to make decisions at every step along the way.
You will be someone who is:
- passionate about strengthening a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on progressive issues;
- an effective project manager who competently manages competing priorities and never drops a ball;
- a flexible worker who thrives in a high-stakes and fast-paced environment;
- capable of working autonomously on a range of varied tasks and projects;
- takes the initiative to overcoming barriers in order to get the job done; and
- can effectively coordinate peers including “managing up” when required.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with government regulators;
- Experience working in electoral reform;
- Familiarity with parliamentary processes; or
- Experience working in the media cycle.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please apply online via the GetUp website https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/hiring/hiring–2/work-at-getup#op-331400-project-lead
When applying please submit an up to date resume and answer all application questions.
About the organisation
What is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. Working together, we have an extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Lead via Pro Bono Australia.