About the Role
- Full time
- $76,000 – $80,000
- 5 weeks annual leave
As a Nugel case manager you will be responsible for delivering child protection case management service to vulnerable Aboriginal children and their families. You will play a key role in working with Aboriginal children and families, Government and sector partners to reduce the over representation of Aboriginal children in care and in contact with the Child Protection system, strive for better outcomes for children and to build capacity in families so that children can be transitioned home.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Ability to undertake complex casework with families and children who have experienced trauma and may present with challenging behaviours, including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Ability to complete assessments, including assessments of risk
- Ability to develop, implement and reviews plans for children and young people
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with Aboriginal children, families, carers and other service providers to achieve outcomes
- Ability to advocate on behalf of Aboriginal children and families
- Experience working in the child, youth and families sector
- Diploma of Community Services
Application deadline is Sunday July 07, 2019
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
Apply for this Job
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 9287 8838
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Case Manager - Nugel via Pro Bono Australia.