About the role
We’re looking to fill a mix of permanent campaign roles across GetUp’s Economic Fairness campaigns team and Generalist campaign team.
These positions are based in Sydney. A recruitment pool may be established to fill similar temporary or ongoing vacancies over the next six months, including fixed term opportunities to work on particular projects.
SCHADS classifications Level 4 Campaigner or Level 5 Senior Campaigner with salary range $67,305.68 – $81,019.64 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Here are some of the things you might do as a GetUp Campaigner or Senior Campaigner:
- Ride the media cycle, identifying hot moment and new angles on the day’s news stories;
- Write exceptionally high quality campaign emails and media content, including project plans and timelines, social media posts, talking points and press statements;
- Engage with a vast array of stakeholders, including affected communities, sector partners, academics, journalists and political staffers;
- Use your technical skills to set up web pages, and create, send out, track and analyse campaign emails;
- Pitch ideas for creative social media content, an unorthodox campaign tactic or a our latest viral video;
- Get to the bottom of the latest policy development and take the wonk out of it;
- Contribute to strategic campaign planning, factoring in member and community engagement, media interest and fundraising.
You will be someone who has/is:
- a deeply help commitment to social justice who is passionate about creating progressive change on a wide range of issues;
- an exceptional written communicator adept at thinking through complex policy ideas and communicating them simply and clearly;
- strong digital skills and a willingness to learn new technologies, and who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment;
- works autonomously on a range tasks and projects and takes the initiative doing whatever it takes to get the job done;
- creative thinker who is constantly innovating to improve systems and output;
- a team player always endeavouring to be a positive force within an inclusive workplace environment;
- at least two years professional experience working in an office environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in GetUp-style online campaigning;
- Experience in crowdfunded fundraising; and
- Experience working in the media cycle.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive. Please apply ASAP as we will be considering applicants on a rolling basis.
About the organisation
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. Together, we combine our collective energies to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of First Nations Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, Climate Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health or supporting the passage of the Medivac Bill – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply for this role
Please apply ASAP as we will be considering applicants on a rolling basis.
To apply please fill out the application form online, when applying please upload a current resume and answer all applications questions.
Please quote in application: Campaigners via Pro Bono Australia.