About the role
Wesley Dalmar Out of Home Care
- 4 full-time positions + eligibility list
- permanent and contract positions
- based in Bella Vista or Penrith
- fully maintained vehicle
About the program
Wesley Dalmar is a large Funded Service Provider in NSW, with four locations in Sydney focusing predominantly on supporting foster carers to care for children and young people.
The Sydney region is responsible for working within the new Permanency Framework to deliver restoration, guardianship, adoption, and permanent foster care services to children and their families.
About the role
Wesley Dalmar is seeking Case Managers to join Out-of-Home Care teams based in Bella Vista or Penrith. The position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to work with children, birth parents, foster carers, and support services. We’re seeking highly-motivated professionals passionate about making a difference through working with children and young people in foster care to provide an essential case management service.
The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development + fully maintained vehicle + salary packaging for permanent staff.
- bachelor qualification(s) in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology or related fields
- knowledge, skills and experience working with children and families
- demonstrated ability to write reports to a professional standard
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- ability to mediate under pressure to resolve differences using a strength-based approach
- flexible to work some evenings and weekends
- current unrestricted driver’s licence
- experience in Out-of-Home Care
- knowledge of the Permanency Support Program (PSP)
- working knowledge of the various legislation that govern Out-of-Home Care in NSW
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, grade 5, with generous salary packaging available in addition to super and a fully maintained vehicle for business and personal use.
About the organisation
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
How to apply for this role
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume, and a letter addressing all the selection criteria with a cover page. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
All applicants must address each selection criteria and specify a preference of location (Bella Vista or Penrith) in their application.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
Please quote in application: Case Managers via Pro Bono Australia.