About the role
Interested in using your exceptional writing skills to improve the world for children? We’re seeking a talented communicator who can tell compelling stories to a range of audiences, inspiring them to take action for children in need. You will be writing about issues that matter and working with other creatives to bring stories about our work to life.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster – like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in.
In this full-time position based in Carlton you will work on writing high quality online and print communications for existing dono rs, new supporters, and the general public. You will develop content for fundraising campaigns, and at times gather human-interest stories from the field about our work with children. You will be part of our Supporter Engagement team and report to our Creative Services Manager.
You will make an impact by:
- Producing compelling and persuasive copy for a range of channels including direct mail, email, web video, and print
- Writing and producing effective content to support fundraising initiatives including appeals, community fundraising, and events
- Identifying and gathering compelling stories for use in donor and internal communications
- Ensuring the continuous improvement of Save the Children’s online and print communications
- Working with Media and Fundraising teams to quickly turn around donor communications in the hours following a humanitarian emergency
- Writing targeted content for Save the Children’s corporate partners, major donors, and foundations
If we could compose the perfect you…
You are an experienced communicator, with proven experience in writing fundraising, marketing, or not-for-profit content. You are comfortable working with a range of stakeholders including multimedia, designers, and technical experts to bring a story to life. You are interested in world events, particularly the issues facing children, and you’re keen to make a difference.
This role requires:
- Demonstrated experience in a broad range of communication styles
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience producing fundraising appeals and communications
- Creative and strategic thinking and planning
- Successful time management skills in meeting tight deadlines
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Full salary packaging benefits of up to $15,900 available
- Agile work environment including working from home
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Child and pet friendly work environment
- Additional annual leave options available
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 23 July 2019
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Please quote in application: Communications Specialist – Melbourne via Pro Bono Australia.