About the role
Secretariat and Administrative Duties
• Provide high-level, well-organised day-to-day association management and proactive administrative support to the Victorian, South Australian/Northern Territory and West Australian Divisions of the AFDA. This also applies to the National Executive and National Council who meet 3 times per year.
• To attend to and coordinate effectively all of the secretariat work associated with all meetings and business of the Victorian, South Australian/Northern Territory & West Australian Divisions of the AFDA and ensure that business within the authority of these Divisions is dealt with promptly and that the Divisions report to National Council in a regular and timely manner. This includes preparing Division agendas, papers and writing the minutes and making submissions.
• Work closely with the President and Council in each Division to ensure the objectives of the division are being met along with the overall smooth running of the division
• Act as the primary liaison person with Government Departments and other Industry stakeholders, including preparing correspondence, reports and submissions as required. Remain up to date with all changes to regulations and policies in Victoria, South Australia/Northern Territory and West Australia that have relevance to the funeral industry and to ensure that members in each state are kept informed of such changes in a timely manner.
Event Management and Training
• In consultation with the Divisional President and Council determine the required events and training for the division
• Oversee the event management and training sessions for these Divisions, including attending and running these events.
Reporting and communicating to National
• In line with designated deadlines and word counts, prepare written reports for the AFDA Annual Report, National Council Reports, and National Journal and provide Member Updates for the Victorian, South Australia/Northern Territory and West Australian Divisions
• Monitor and prepare the annual budget submissions for the Victorian, South Australian/Northern Territory and West Australian Divisions
Advice to members
• Assist members of these divisions with any issues or enquires, and provide high level member services including but not limited to, preparing quarterly Divisional updates on divisional issues, updates on any regulations/policy changes that have relevance to the funeral industry, and general member information.
Advice to general public
• Assist with general enquires from the public and provide the best possible advice.
• Develop and maintain divisional sponsorship levels, along with a professional working relationship with divisional sponsors and potential sponsors.
About the organisation
The Australian Funeral Directors Association is the peak industry body for the funeral industry and its primary role is the maintenance of the highest standards of business, professional and personal conduct within the industry.
Formed in 1935, Australian Funeral Directors Association (AFDA) is the only national funeral service organisation with Member firms in every State and Territory. AFDA is a public company, limited by guarantee, that is administered by an elected Board with a National Office and six Divisional Offices.
AFDA Member firms are chosen by the majority of families to provide funeral arrangements for their loved ones. AFDA is widely recognised as the authoritative voice on all funeral matters and its key objective is to optimise the funeral experience and ensure quality delivery of service to the wider community by enhancing and promoting professional funeral standards.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Officer / Divisional Secretariat via Pro Bono Australia.